Overview of the role
Lead and manage a small team of Com&In co-workers to secure our uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation, create commercial home furnishing solutions and implement commercial activation, rebuilds and projects that follows the IKEA concept, standards, and regional guidelines to support the business goals.
What you will do
- Lead and manage a small team of Com&In co-workers (Interior Designer/Visual Merchandiser/Graphic Designer) and inspire and challenge them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation and home furnishing solutions in room settings, homes, vignettes, activity areas, specialty shops, sales support areas and pop-up solutions.
- Lead the store vitality and implement the business calendar and the development of the department action plan with initiatives that are focused on growing the business, long-term profitability and execute agreed plans together with the Com&In Manager, Com&In and other function in the stores.
- Actively participate in Commercial Team meetings, agenda, and act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities. Ensure the co-workers understand the impact of Com&In actions on the financial results and other KPI’s.
- Responsible for gathering and translating insights from home visit interviews into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic, and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing the IKEA way.
- Actively contribute to the regional Design Leaders network and share national directions and global tools with the co-workers in the stores
- Responsible to the successful planning, preparation, and implementation of interior design and all Com&In projects, rebuilds, vitalities, activities, and commercial calendar. Ensure that they are planned and implemented with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency using global tools and best practices.
- Responsible for the procurement of materials, tools, supplies and services for the implementation of the projects with environmental awareness & cost consciousness.
- Secure that the Com&In co-workers execute home furnishing solutions with high quality, simplicity, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency using global tools and best practices.
- Assist Com&In co-workers, and other members of the commercial team as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
- Support the daily store maintenance and routines to keep the store” in shape as new”.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the Com&In team and other functions in the store.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain deep and up-to-date knowledge about home furnishing, retailing and trends to coach co-workers and facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with strong visual impressions.
- Responsible for the recruitment and competence development of Com&In co-workers and secure successor planning by constantly searching for potential candidates.
- Support the positive results in the employee survey and acting in the areas where the satisfaction is low.
Source : www.bayt.com