Overview of the role
Key team member of Group Finance:
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of Group-wide Financial policies
- Reviewing Finance Delegation of Authorities and drive their rationalization
- Evaluating Finance risks and controls and driving initiatives to improve them
- Supporting the review and sign-off of all Finance group-wide operations documentation
- Providing Group Finance inputs into Internal and External audit processes
What you will do
Developing and monitoring the implementation of Group wide financial policies
- Review of existing financial policies in the areas of Fixed Assets, Inventory, Debtors, Provisioning, Revenue Recognition etc.
- Development and revamp of Financial policies and monitoring their implementation and adherence to.
- Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program
Reviewing Financial Delegation of Authorities and help drive their rationalization
- Review and drive updates to Financial DOA
- Review and drive the setting up of Financial limits
Evaluating risks and controls and driving initiatives to improve them
- Review of existing processes and procedures in the areas of Fixed Assets, Inventory, Debtors, Provisioning, Revenue Recognition etc.
- Evaluate risks, both financial and operational and drive specific initiatives to improve the Financial controls environment.
- Leverage process improvement strategies to perform analysis of Quality Systems, Records and Information processes and policies.
- Drive the process of documentation of the various Financial processes via Blue-works
Supporting the review and sign-off of all financial operations documentation
- Review all documentation in relation to financial operations- Financial Reconciliation, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Payroll, Credit Risk Management - for compliance with Group policies, best practice governance etc. before being signed off by authorised signatories.
- Support the organization in driving a culture and behaviour that exceeds Standards of Conducts and Code of Ethics.
Providing Group Finance inputs into Internal and External audit processes
- Support the processes in relation to Group Internal Audit of Group Financials
- Function as independent objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the Divisions
- Anticipates potential organizational barriers and how to turn them into support understanding the culture, norms and rules of Al-Futtaim
- Is aware of what is going on in the organization and understands what is happening outside one’s own immediate sphere
- Builds a workforce capable of operating in a diverse environment that meets local needs
- Uses an in-depth understanding of diverse stakeholders from across the network in order to inform business strategy and achieve result
- Anticipates and prepares for others’ likely reactions when deciding how to persuade, and incorporates their views and feedback to increase buy-in
- Understands cultural diﬀerences and adapts their inﬂuencing style and approach to best eﬀect
- Identifies and lobbies opinion makers by taking time to soundboard ideas with them
- Confidently, articulately and persuasively presents information and arguments in a range of forums
Working Across Boundaries
- Builds relationships by genuinely valuing diversity of opinions, expertise and background
- Works to ﬁnd ‘win-win’ solutions that can beneﬁt all parties
- Actively challenges silo working avoiding duplication of eﬀort
- Role model’s collaboration by establishing by establishing mutually beneﬁcial relationships across businesses that maximize commercial opportunities
- Proactively works to minimize the adverse impact of one’s decisions on the other departments
Source : www.bayt.com