Job Title: Patient Relations Executive
Job In Dubai
Company: Al Futtaim Group
Start Date: 2024-01-22
End Date: 2024-03-22
Patient Relations Executive I Al Futtaim Health | Healthcare
Overview of the role
Provide end to end operational support to the patients including but not limited to insurance, appointments & invoicing and general customer service.
What you will do
- Responsible for the accurate flow of medical information and patient data between physicians, patients and third-party payers with the use of accurate code to define diagnostics, treatments and procedures and to enter this information into a the facility’s database using medical coding protocol to produce a statement or claim.
- To act as a liaison between the facility and payment parties to investigate the claim, verify its information, and update the database in the instance that a claim is denied by the third-party payer.
- Review patient medical records
- Communicating with medical billing specialists to ensure treatment codes are accurately received
- Submission of claims
- Taking timely approval of investigations/ procedures.
- Invoicing the services as per the agreed prices.
- Receiving patient treatment codes to use in assembling reimbursement claims
- Make sure CPT codes are accurate as per service
- Billing patients for medical services
- Enter patient information into computer files, and possibly also in paper records
- Organize, manage, and sort paperwork (including patients’ charts)
- Continue to enter data as patients are subjected to diagnostic tests and receive treatments
- Prepare and mail billing statements
- Resolve conflicts regarding payments and reimbursements
- Investigate and report instances of insurance fraud
- Provide information and prepare documents for legal inquiries and litigation
- Ensure the confidentiality of patients’ personal information
- Perform clerical duties that may include answering the telephone, greeting patients, and sorting mail
- Provides a high level of customer service to the patients.
- Interacts with client with professional and personal manner.
- Responds to questions according to regulatory protocols.
- Guides flow of clinic traffic and directs clients to open station.
- Maintains client schedule at clinics that have pre-scheduled appointment times.
- Assists in accurate and legible documentation of clinic forms.
- Assures every client is signed in and has completed clinic paperwork.
- Check consent/ insurance form for completeness and legibility before the client goes to the Registered Nurse for services.
- Communicates effectively with client regarding the information that is needed.
- Responds to urgent customer needs in a timely and professional manner.
- Makes recommendations and implements process improvements.
- Participates in fostering a safe workplace.
- Participates in employee job safety analysis to eliminate hazards and prevent accidents.
- Manage up-to-date clinic income records by sending and receiving bank checks and documenting all relevant transactions.
- Receives and reconciles cash, checks or credit card for payment and issues receipts as required
- Handles cash box as needed. • Accurately makes change when needed. • Responsible for cash box during clinic and transfers money to accounts department at end of clinic for deposit
- Handle all payments to clinic suppliers and accurately enter daily payment activities (credit, insurance, cash, check, payment for previous visit) into software management system
- Counts and reconciles money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and notifies supervisor if any discrepancy is found
- Transfer income activities to the financial system on a daily basis
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly reports from clinic financial data
- Obtains valid authorization for all credit card payments
- In the event a refund is being requested, initiates checking the system for delinquent accounts or outstanding balance, suggests to apply payment of refund against outstanding balances before processing any refunds
- If a refund is necessary, ensures all appropriate documents and signatures are obtained, and refunds are entered in the system
- Maintains general knowledge of cash handling and controls and complies to cash handling policies and procedures
- Calculates total amounts received and reconciles with supervisor at the end of each shift before closing cash drawers
- Liaise and support other members of the multi-disciplinary team and other agencies relating to patient care, maintaining good communication channels.
- Be aware of safe guarding policies, both local and national, and implement such policies should it become necessary.
Source : www.bayt.com