Job Title: Yard Supervisor
Job In Dubai
Company: Al Futtaim Group
Start Date: 2024-01-14
End Date: 2024-03-14
Yard Supervisor I AFET I Dubai, UAE
Overview of the role:
The Yard Manager is responsible for:
- Supporting overall business objectives through the effective day to day management of all yard and logistics operations for Scaffolding Business
- Ensure timely delivery and collection of scaffolding materials to project sites in line with job deadlines and customer schedules
- Inventory management of business assets relating to hire and sale components, inc. Stock Takes
- Oversee the entire management of Scaffolding yard operations including QHSE policy and procedures
- Effective stakeholder management: employees, colleagues, suppliers, local authorities
What you will do:
Inventory Management & Materials in/out:
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing materials to and from the yard, creating delivery and return tickets against each project, and logging material movements in SAP.
- Ensure that inventory is accurately maintained physically and recorded in SAP. Damaged and partially damaged items are properly managed and re-engineering to be done as required and that all equipment is properly maintained and serviced. Lost materials to be accounted for.
- Lead regular stock take and provide necessary reports
Management of Yard Operations
- Support project teams by providing on-time materials and logistics support as required
- Ensure that the yard is operating efficiently, and within budget. Take measures to control and reduce costs. Verify suppliers’ invoices for payment release.
- Ensure correct procedures in place for accurate counting and visual inspection of materials prior to delivery and upon return to yard
- Regular maintenance and upkeep of materials to increase useable lifespan
- Coordinate the delivery and pickup of scaffolding and cradle materials to and from project sites and ensure that all materials are transported safely and efficiently.
- Manage a team of direct and indirect employees to carry out yard activities
- Maintaining logs and registers, including forklift, vehicles, machinery, tools etc.
- Liaise with logistics team, and suppliers (e.g., transport providers)
- Ensure all AFE SOP’s related to QHSE are implemented, enforced, and promoted
- Comply with all local regulatory requirements
- Ensure successful audits and maintenance of ISO standards and certification
- Ensure that scaffolding material is properly assembled, inspected, and secured, and that all yard workers are following safety procedures.
- Carry out routine Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment, produce Method Statements, implement control measures, and deliver Toolbox talks
- Reporting to Operations Manager – Scaffolding & Access Solutions
- Working from main scaffolding yard in Dubai. Regular visits to satellite yards
- Working alongside management, supervisor, scaffolders, yard operatives and suppliers
- Role will include early starts and occasional late finishes. Willingness to work overtime is essential
- Role entails working from both office and outside in yard
- Manage a team of yard operatives to achieve business objectives
- Role includes an element of physical and hands on approach as and when required
Source : www.bayt.com