Job Title: Manager SAP Development
Job In Dubai
Company: Al Futtaim Group
Start Date: 2024-01-14
End Date: 2024-03-14
Manager SAP Development | Group Technology and Digital Platforms
Overview of the role
The Manager - SAP Development needs to understand and implement the best practices in a SAP environment by designing appropriate solutions supporting the customer’s business needs as part of the overall SAP program. Within their process area, the Manager - SAP Development will be responsible for the global solution which includes responsibility for the method and processes used to translate requirements into a coherent solution considering balancing both the integration needs and technical architecture. The role also warrants leadership and organizational skills to manage the client, ability to translate their requirements, guide internal/external teams to derive the solution, drive the implementation and facilitate successful delivery. The role will be a key in providing support to the team that is tasked with building and testing the end solution. Implementing appropriate processes to drive high quality and sustainable solutions will be critical.
What you will do
- Provide an expert level of skills & knowledge in the evaluation, development, testing and delivery of SAP ABAP solutions. Collaborate with the business in identifying integration requirements and create corresponding technical specifications
- Develop solutions using defined development standards, procedures, and design specifications, develop test scripts, perform unit testing, and contribute to integration testing of development objects
- Provide technical support to end users; diagnose and resolve application-related issues, identify root causes, as well as institute corrective actions and preventive measures
- Carry out detailed impact assessments for proposed change requests, proposing alternative cost-effective solutions where appropriate and ensure Change Controls are developed, tested & released according to an agreed schedule and ensure all high business impact changes are escalated as appropriate
- Expected to be involved both in support activities and a number of development activities and exhibits the ability to understand ABAP and interface with the functional Teams for the development of solutions.
- Be the representative of Enterprise IT ABAP team in collaborating with the business to gather requirements, address issues and market new ideas and understand, document and translate business requirements to team members
- Drive solutions for new and on-going changes requested by the business as well as manage the delivery of solutions using vendors or internally
- Solution design and gap analysis and able to evaluate new functionality; recommending and implementing them. Developing and documenting the detailed solution design
- Responsible for leading the design and development of solutions, develop technical specifications for solutions . Ability to build integration solutions involving SAP and non-SAP systems
- Ensure that product upgrades, enhancements, and future roll out projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfil end user requirements
- Operating in a program context, including liaising with the SAP functional and development teams and working with people and organizations from different regions/cultures.
Source : www.bayt.com