Overview of the role:
Al Futtaim is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team in Dubai, part of a team sitting at the cornerstone of algorithms, mathematics and engineering, a team that is tasked with solving problems by designing and implementing production-ready data science algorithms and machine learning models to manage Risk and help Al Futtaim maintain the advantage in the market.
What you will do:
This position will report to a Head of Data Science and Asset Risk
The senior data scientist is responsible for the development and management of the inhouse predictive and forecasting models that help Al Futtaim manage the Risk and its competitiveness in the market. Also, will be responsible for monitoring and reporting Risk exposures in the UAE as well as International Markets.
• Responsible for the development of the predictive and forecasting models (RV, Equity Mining, SMR, etc.)
• Responsible for the full model cycle from experimentation to deployment (ML-Flow), model calibrations to accommodate any drifts and define the post modeling adjustments (PMA) to optimize performance.
• Responsible of the Regional and International Asset Risk Monitoring.
• Calculate RV Provisions, identify hand-backs as well as their rates, and quantify features impact.
• Conduct statistical and quantitative analyses to identify and quantify potential risks. Prepare RV Risk recommendations highlighting the risks and proposing mitigations
• Design and develop risk measures, methodologies, and models (RV & SMR Risk)
• Define the pull-forward (or backward) strategy to optimize the trade cycle.
• Quantify the features importance in Time-to-fail and Mileage-to-fail
• Develop other predictive and analytical models using the appropriate methodologies
• Recommending actions based on your insights by effectively telling the story that is supported by data through presentations, data visualizations and clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Building relationships with key stakeholders across Al Futtaim such as IT, Finance, Remarketing, Sales etc.
• Coordinating with various stakeholders to help implement recommended actions
• Guiding/mentoring other data scientists/analysts on best practices for analysis and data storytelling.
• Planning, organizing and time management