Overview of the role:
What you will do:
Key Accountability 1: FM / Civil Maintenance Service Delivery.
• Coordinates with Sales / Estimation department to facilitate / validate the pricing, planning / scheduling for the Civil contracts.
• Review tender / contract documents to understand the complete scope for project delivery and develops documents for initiation of projects to gain approval from client for job commencement.
• Prepares requests for proposal and conducts all necessary meetings, reviews bids, and recommends award of contract to facilitate hiring of vendors, contractors for outsourced scope of work.
• Monitors and reports on all phases of construction to ensure that implementation are carried out in accordance with specifications, compliance with appropriate building codes, local authorities and project requirements.
• Ensures that projects are within budgets.
• Direct and guide Engineers / Supervisors to their respective assigned duties, that all personnel are present at their assigned areas when they are scheduled to work
• Monitors a comprehensive maintenance schedule to ensure continuity and smooth flow of repairs/ modifications of all assigned sites/buildings as per requirements in compliance with approved materials.
• Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
• Review and approve schedules for delivery of services by contractors
• Carry out weekly inspections presenting the outcomes at weekly SFM meetings and in the monthly department reports.
• Follow up with contractors on all issues based on the Department time frame guidelines.
• Complete weekly inspection checklists highlighting issues/ service delivery deficiencies.
• Hold weekly Briefings with the contractors teams’
• Carry out ad hoc and regular weekly inspections presenting the outcomes at weekly SFM meetings and in the monthly department reports.
• Raise concerns with contractor staff performance during weekly review meetings. Minute all such issues.
Key Accountability 2: Customer Service
• Contribute to the development of a customer focused service and a positive corporate image, including the maintenance of good working relationship with client, client representatives.
• Achieve and enhance customer satisfaction by meeting and /or exceeding the customer requirements.
Key Accountability 3: Financial
• Ensure Contracts / Projects are executed within the budget.
• Assess and forecast financial performance, including comparison of actuals to budget, and manage activity to deliver agreed financial outcomes.
• Manage in the area of productivity improvement and potential cost saving measures.
• Preparation of budget for contractor costs, variables and CAPEX cost based on analysis of historical costs and site condition inspections.
• Present the same to management for approval and subject to approval, administer the budget so as to ensure conformance to approved limits
Key Accountability 4: People
• Direct employees in construction and maintenance procedures to ensure effectiveness and efficiency, as well as compliance with all applicable regulations and authorities having jurisdiction.
• Develop staff development programs such as skills enhancement trainings and job-related training sessions to ensure competent work output.
• Manage and monitors the performance of direct report and provides guidance as and when required.
• Assign project work, coach, mentor and provide technical support to the FM team.
• Oversee the contract team’s staff performance, outputs and deliverables based on the contract SLA’s and KPI’s.
• Monitor, coach, manage and lead the team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in addition to the PDR process.
Key Accountability 5: Process Management
• Establish and implement “best practices” and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Evaluate contract management from a technical point of view in order to identify risk factors, ensuring that technical terms comply with the relevant standards for the overall risk assessment and bid decision Managing and prioritizing workload of daily operations
• Based on Clients budget constraints for any specific project, carrying out value engineering studies. Create and update property asset register to ensure all asset information is accurate.
• Prepare condition reports and capital asset replacement plan.