General Manager - Finance | Al Futtaim Automotive | Toyota & Lexus
Overview of the role:
The role is to lead the finance team of Al Futtaim Motors (Toyota and Lexus). The incumbent will act as the principal finance support / business partner for the Managing Directors and be jointly responsible for the commercial performance of the entities within the scope. To ensure all accounting information is available to the Automotive leadership team through robust Financial Statements, proactive risk management and ensuring compliance with the group’s financial and accounting policies and procedures. Also responsible for Financial & Treasury management, Forecast and Budgets reviews, Process and Compliance and Systems Reviews.
What you will do:
- Lead the Finance team to ensure both excellence in day to day service delivery and future needs.
- Partner with the Managing Directors and Senior Management in the pursuit of set goals and strategies. Clearly articulate the key drivers of the business.
- To report on commercial performance and all related matters to the CFO Automotive
Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting:
- Direct the overall financial plan and accounting practice. Manage the financial performance by developing forecasts and monitoring ongoing performance against plan.
- Develop models for short, medium and long term forecasts to ensure the business has the necessary resources to achieve set goals
- Ensure submissions to Auto Division are completed in a timely manner and clearly explain deviations from current trends
Treasury Related Activities:
- Ensure businesses have the appropriate funding to achieve performance objectives and liaise with Auto and Group Treasury departments as necessary.
- Ensure cash flow forecasts are submitted in a timely and accurate manner in order to plan allocation of resources.
- Ensuring compliance with Treasury Policies and Procedures related to Foreign Exchange hedging.
- Provide strong, forward looking analytical leadership with focus on data driven decisions.
- Manage the production of reporting tools (KPI’s, scorecards, etc) to provide management insight into revenue and expense trends, track project performance and identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Ensure Net Working Capital is optimized at all times by ensuring processes and review mechanisms are in place to monitor inventory, payables and receivables.
- To ensure the business operates within the company’s accounting policies and DOA.
- To liaise with internal and external auditors as necessary, and assist the business to implement recommendations.
- To ensure the Balance Sheet Substantiation processes are adhered to within the businesses, with monthly reviews to monitor deviations
Source : www.bayt.com