Overview of the role
As a member of FSSC R2R team – to support the FM / AGM on delivering.
- Robust, timely and accurate periodic book closing
- Timely Preparation of GL schedules for Certification & Substantiation
- Support an Effective / efficient R2R framework covering Close, Certify & Compliance activities.
- Ensure financial records are correct and support external audit.
- Timely preparation and submission of Standard reporting / Management reports
- Regular Trial Balance review and Balance Sheet substantiation.
- Provide FS preparation support.
- Explore and support efficiency improvement initiatives by Identifying opportunities of Standardization & Automation of R2R processes
What you will do
General Ledger Schedules/Reconciliations
- Prepare GL schedules (reconciliations) monthly.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to gather information to ensure meaningful reconciliation of GL accounts.
- Provide actionable insights through schedules to pre-empt issues and take timely action to drive resolution of issues.
- Review trends, identify patterns & opportunities to strengthen controls.
- Standardize schedules and follow a quality review process.
- Engage with business unit finance teams to discuss findings from GL schedules.
- Follow IFRS/IAS and AFG policies in the accounting process.
Monthly / Yearly Book Closing
To monitor and control closing of books monthly / yearly with other FSSC teams and ensure recognition of robust financials within the group timelines:
- Post accounting entries based on agreed principles and guidelines.
- Review recurring provision, accruals of expenses and amortization.
- Identify gaps in provisions and accruals.
- Validate amortization and provision entries.
- Identify and post accounting entries that require reclassification. Post reclassification entries, cost allocations and any other entries required as per standard checklist.
- Ensure timely support in preparation of financials and take ownership for delivery.
- Follow checklists and ensure compliance.
- Identify gaps in checklist and report new entries/edits to line manager.
- Provide necessary support in weekly stock forecast, posting necessary adjustment entries related to inventory as per agreed guidelines. Post month end stock provision entries based on reports and facilitated comprehensive review.
- Submit relevant accounting information/data monthly, to facilitate AFG consolidation using the Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) tool.
- Work for continuous improvement in monthly closing activities to ensure quality financials for business units.
Balance Sheet substantiation / Trial Balance Reviews
- Carry out detailed review of key automotive accounts in Trial Balance and ensure substantiation of balances appearing against it.
Robust Record to Report process
Ensure robust R2R process through
- Standardizing the accounting process,
- Regular key account reconciliations,
- Improved Fixed Asset management,
- Improve month-end process & related reporting.
Monthly Standard Management Reports
- To prepare quality monthly management reports as per agreed templates / formats with comments for review with the Finance Manager / AGM Finance.
- Support Business Finance Team in preparation of monthly management & Board packs by submitting standard reports on a timely basis.
Finance Function / Overseas support
- Provide support for overseas entities by reviewing the current processes and sharing best practices and processes in improving the standards.
- To coordinate external Audit of the Divisional entity by providing relevant explanations and schedules to Auditors and ensure smooth completion.
- Coordinate with other teams in FSSC and ensure that auditor’s requirements are being provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support standalone FS preparation of Divisional entities in accordance with the governance form Group Finance / Divisional Controlling.
Source : www.bayt.com