Overview of the role
This role will perform key Strategic, Controlling & Value generating function for Blue Rewards program globally and will work closely with stakeholders and shared services to drive financial and commercial excellence. The Financial Controller will manage, challenge, and maintain financial processes & outcomes (OpEx & CapEx budgets, Product-wise P&L, MIS, Management Reporting and Constant monitoring of Blue performance dashboards) and will be responsible for providing financial input, advice and support to stakeholders.
What you will do
- Preparing entity-wise budgets, liaising with support functions, timely communication to Blue departments, liaising and answering their queries and preparing monthly management packs and reporting to stakeholders.
- Timely reconciliations between Blue’s different systems and those of Blue partners and Cashflow forecast preparation – bi-weekly forecast, monthly actuals vs budget/forecast.
- Monthly Balance Sheet Substantiation, regularizing misstatements timely, ensuring best quality of books and review account reconciliations regularly - Bank, IFRS 16, Investments, IC Loans, Passthrough, etc. and help clearing open line-items.
- GL Supervision – regular review of trial balance and GL schedules ensuring correctness of accounting and timely resolution of issues.
- Monthly book closure – providing month close accruals and other inputs to FSSC, pre-close and post close review of TB, AR/AP management - Resolving issues related to IC receivables/payables.
- Raising AFEs (Approval for Expenditure) and IANs (Internal Approval Notes), Releasing Purchase Orders, Releasing IT SRs - for 2461 and Overseas Blue entities and monitoring and providing guidance to overseas accountants.
- Managing statutory audits of UAE and overseas corporate entities, engaging with the auditors and agreeing on timelines, liaising with FSSC & auditors closely, resolving issues ensuring group timelines are achieved, reviewing of FS prepared by FSSC, submitting weekly audit tracker.
- Managing automation and process re-engineering projects liaising closely with EIT and other related functions ensuring timely implementation of solutions and performing UAT for various projects.
- Ensure correctness & timeliness of Management and Statutory reporting as well as reviewing Tax filings in-line with AFG Finance and Accounting policies and processes.
- Control budget/forecasts and ensure that expenses & incomes are recorded in compliance with IFRS and Tax laws.
Source : www.bayt.com