Overview of the role:
The Senior Mechanical Engineer (HVAC Design) is responsible for Engineering team of one or multiple projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer has to provide oversight and guidance to construction and project management staff. The Senior Mechanical Engineer (HVAC Design) is responsible for all Mechanical Engineering, equipment selections, technical validations, and site activities of the project. In this capacity, Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the overall success of the Project Engineering & Execution activities in line with the Projects requirements and goals.
What you will do:
Key Accountability 1: Engineering
- Leading a team of design personnel and assist them in getting the engineering deliverable on time.
- Design validation of one or multiple projects.
- Providing the technical calculation for mechanical equipment selections (e.g. pump head calculation, heat load, ESP, etc.)
- Take lead in managing / coordinating with engineers and drafting team for the submission / approval of shop drawings, tracking progress by shop drawing register.
- Take lead in managing / Coordinating with engineers and procurement department for equipment selection / vendor finalization / material submission and approvals of suppliers / equipment. Tracking engineering progress by material & SD submission / procurement register.
- Seek resolution on complex technical problems and services coordination as required to ensure satisfactory completion of design and construction.
- Coordination with Electrical / other trades for verification of actual equipment loads with IFC’s and notifying changes.
- Liaising with authorities for approvals and having up-to-date knowledge on the current regulations and standards.
Key Accountability 2: Project Management
- Delivering the project engineering and execution works on time, within the budget and acceptable quality to all stakeholders.
- Liaise with all stake holders (Main Contractors, Consultants, Client, and internal departments) to ensure project deliverables are catered during the engineering, execution and close out of the project.
- Coordinating with Planning Engineer, Junior Engineers, Draftsman and Supervisor in quantifying total material and labour requirements for the project, ensuring timely order of materials, planning / arranging of labour / sub-contractors.
- Coordinating with Planning Engineer, Junior Engineers, and Supervisors in monitoring daily productivity, comparing with planned, taking corrective actions for loss of productivity.
- Manage / Oversee installation and construction work from time to time and ensure efficient standards of workmanship are maintained.
- Liaise with local authorities as required.
Key Accountability 3: Cost Management
- Coordinating with QS to ensure that all variation works are captured, delays notified so that effective claims are made to increase budgeted project margins
- Check for the options to propose good value engineering solutions on the designs which could mutually benefit all stakeholders, including a potential improvement to the budgeted profit margins.
Key Accountability 4: Quality / Standards
- Develop / apply internal engineering and construction standards, operating procedures, specifications and templates so that project delivery, engineering and construction are conducted in a consistent manner.
- Maintaining Lessons learnt register, exchange technical information and learnings within the organization to maintain awareness of internal projects, developments and trend.
- Develop Method Statements for each activity in line with Project Specifications.
- Project Closeout Documentations
Key Accountability 5: Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring that all company and subcontract personnel are complying with AFE HSE Policy.
- Reporting all personal injuries and incidents and assisting with investigations.
- Actively supporting and participate in safety and environmental initiatives.
- Ensuring JSAs are completed as required.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer (HVAC Design) is assigned by the Project Manager / Engineering Manager for specific project task / part of project and delivers a System or Project as required.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer is an advisor on Mechanical services to Engineering team / business units and maintains good communication with all stakeholders to ensure critical areas of concern are addressed.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer coordinates assigned project task, promotes safe working practices, develops, and executes technically compliant, cost-effective electrical engineering solutions for a project.
- The Senior Mechanical Engineer accomplishes the assigned tasks within the framework of the company policies and procedures.
Source : www.bayt.com