Reports to: VP Strategy and Corporate Planning
Unit / Division / Department / Section: Strategy and Corporate Planning
The corporate planner will be responsible for supporting the strategic planning and execution process. This will involve data gathering and analysis and the creation of presentations. It will also include monitoring the execution of strategic initiatives across the organization, ensuring they are completed on time and flagging issues to stakeholders as required. The corporate planner will be responsible for coordinating efforts among stakeholders and managing stakeholder communication through the appropriate documentation.
This role requires effective collaboration, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. It also requires analytical mindset, attention to detail, and the ability to support and communicate with the senior management team.
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Gather relevant data on industry trends, and market conditions - using both external research and internal department data / knowledge.
- Assist in analysing internal processes to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Supporting Strategic Initiatives (includes project management & team coordination)
- Work with stakeholders to assist in defining project scope, objectives, and deliverables that support the strategic plan.
- Coordinate and manage projects, ensuring tasks are clear and executed on time; also ensuring no duplication of efforts and facilitating cross-functional collaboration.
- Develop processes as required to improve effectiveness and/or efficiency of strategy planning and execution.
- Responsible for running and maintaining department initiatives, e.g.: Running quarterly budget review process (logistics, follow ups, documentation). Running quarterly Solutions Lab sessions (logistics, documentation, ensuring the execution of the outcomes)
- Project Monitoring
- Monitor the execution of key strategic initiatives according to the strategic plan.
- Track project performance, specifically to ensure adherence to deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Conduct post-project evaluations to identify successful and unsuccessful project components.
- Stakeholder Communication
- Serve as a main point of contact for project-related queries.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations for senior management.
- Maintain and update strategic planning documentation, ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Document meetings, workshops, and brainstorming sessions
- Administrative Support
- Schedule meetings, workshops, and sessions related to Strategy & Corporate Planning
- Handle any logistical needs for the ongoing sessions.
Source : www.bayt.com