Senior Fundraising Officer
We are searching for an experienced fundraising officer with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities.
ABOUT MAYA FOUNDATION:
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Field Office through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance, and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma-Informed Schools (TIS) Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and through its Volunteer Program Maya Vakfı provides training, support, and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation, and child protection.
Maya Vakfi’s Trauma-Informed Schools (TIS) program aims to provide a holistic approach by providing training, support, and follow-up to school teachers and counselors, psycho-social sessions to children, positive parenting seminars to parents, and activities to prevent bullying in schools. In cooperation with the Ministry of National Education (MoNE), Maya Vakfi has authorization to implement the TIS program in seven provinces across Turkey.
Maya Foundation is committed to protect and improve the welfare of the individuals who are worked with and provided service, to create safe spaces for them and it waits from all employees and volunteers to fulfill this commitment. Maya Foundation adopts a zero-tolerance policy on behaviours incompatible with the foundation’s targets and principles especially sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. Additionally, Maya Foundation adopts Child Safe Standards and Principles of Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and mainstreams these principles in foundation studies. All of the selected candidates are expected to adapt these standards and principles, for this reason all candidates will complete stages of reference and background check. Background check will include academic background and employment history verification. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information within the scope of background check.
- The fundraising officer will be responsible for building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors,
- Develop a fundraising action plan
- Identify and suggest fundraising opportunities;
- Conducting research on fundraising opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, and uploading press releases as required.
- Coming up with ingenious ways to raise awareness.
- Implementing a variety of promotional campaigns.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a fundraising (or equivalent) team, managing a diverse portfolio of activities
- Willing to learn and improve innovative tools for fundraising campaigns.
- Experience of utilizing the strength of an organization brand for fund/business development
- Bringing innovative creative thinking and fresh ideas to an organization and delivery of income
- Exceptionally convincing and persuasive written and oral skills with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication in Turkish and English.
Interested candidates can send their CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by writing "MV0224-FND" Job Application to the e-mail subject.APPLICATION