Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in İstanbul the Human Resources Officer will be under the line management of the Human Resources Coordinator.
Status: Fixed-term contract
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Education & Qualification
· Bachelor degree in relevant subject is required
· Minimum 3-5 years practical experience in Human Resources;
· Proficient using of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and/or other software.
· Eligible working in Turkiye
· Previous international personal or professional experience would be a plus;
Skills and qualities required
· Strong Communication skillls
· Self learner and self motivated
· Conflict Solver
· Documentation and archiving
· Providing counseling on policies and procedures
· Being actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
HR Policies & Procedures
· Assists in the development and update of DDD Administrative and HR policies to ensure compliance with the local labour and taxation law;
· Assist in ensuring the implementation of DDD policies for the national staff (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts,individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information, etc.);
· Ensures the general HR administration procedures are in place;
· Supports the field bases and coordinators for any Administrative and HR issues;
· Organize HR information meetings to introduce and explain policies being implemented.
· Announce and explain amendments; regulations, policies, or procedures.
· Participate in the recruitment process in accordance with DDD values and policy
· Provide support to field team when required
· Conduct emergency recruitment processes as requested by line manager
Capacity & Career Development
· Identify training and development needs within an organisation through job analysis, staff appraisals and regular consultation with linemanagers;
· Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers;
· Planning, directing and delivering staff inductions, to accomplish the organisation’s goals.
· Assist in Human Resources’ files and records Management;
· Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing/recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluationsand employee attendance, leaves and absence.
· Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
· Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
· Distribute and collect payrolls each month.
· Establish files in the computerized system;
· Ensure that updated DDD code of conduct, conditions on employment, procedure alert abuses, DDD Regulations, HR templates andpolicies, etc. are updated and posted on the board in the office.
· Assist international staff for registration at Official Institutions in Istanbul; and other cities, if necessary;
· In close coordination with HR and Admin Department, ensure legal compliance towards Health and Safety law;
· In close coordination with Admin Department, ensure legal compliance towards Official Institutions (Authorisation, submission of Legaldocuments etc…)
· Disseminate legal information to the Coordination members;
· Develop report on Training and Capacity Development plan and its implementation;
· Contribute to HR monthly reporting;
· Provide regular reporting on HR activities to the Line-Manager, upon his/her solicitation;
· Contribute to Develop the HR policy regarding the context in Turkey;
· Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract;
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: Considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Closure Date: 01.04.2024
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.