International Association for Relief and Development (ONSUR) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. ONSUR works through the main office located in Gaziantep province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, and Turkey.
The Program Officer will support the development, planning, and implementation of ONSUR’s program to respond to the needs of vulnerable Communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary point of contact with Field Office and Programs with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the program agreement.
- Report on a weekly basis on progress of program implementation to the donor.
- Ensure quality control of overall program implementation.
- Oversee staff working for the program, including short or long-term consultants.
- Oversee and ensure quality implementation of teaming partner and other actors involved in the program.
- Ensure monitoring, evaluating, and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators.
- Ensure that activities are on track, including developing and implementing solutions as necessary.
- Establish and maintain systems for program operations in accordance with ONSUR’s policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to staff on all issues related to program implementation.
- Oversee that key program activities are achieved per program budget, timeline and donor requirements.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of technical and financial reports to ONSUR’s reporting focal point, and Programs and to ONSUR’s CEO as per the grant agreement.
- Maintain effective communication with donors and other organizations, for coordination and partnership opportunities.
- Participate in NGO sector coordination groups and identify areas for coordination and collaboration.
- Maintain effective communication with ONSUR’s support units regarding program implementation.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience implementing complex donor-funded projects, particularly those that focus on humanitarian assistance to vulnerable communities, Education
- Degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Education, Health, International Development, Disaster Management, or related field.
- Knowledge of UN Rules and Regulations.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic & English language essential. Turkish language would be a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to ONSUR, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. ONSUR is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach toward any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
ONSUR provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
ONSUR employees must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside ONSUR.
Applications are strongly encouraged by female candidates.
Turkish Nationality is an advantage.
Source : gelbasla.com