Vacancy Notice Number:
Ankara – Türkiye
One Year Fixed Term Contract (G5)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
26 February 2024
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
EU-funded “Supporting Türkiye’s Efforts for Efficient Migration Management Project” aims to contribute towards progress on alignment with EU acquis and improve Türkiye's institutional capacity as regards Chapter 24. The project will be implemented by IOM and the main beneficiary of the project is Ministry of Interior, Presidency of Migration Management (PMM).
Under the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer (Legal) under IBG Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting and assisting the achievement of the objectives and results of the aforementioned project as well as successful day to day implementation of the activities under the project through delivery of direct support to the beneficiary institution’s relevant departments’ follow up of the logistical and other technical arrangements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and contribute the IBG unit in implementing activities of “Supporting Türkiye’s Efforts for Efficient Migration Management Project”.
- Support implementation of activities of the project in close collaboration with the relevant PMM departments, assist day to day activities and administrative processes; relevant activities, report regularly on the challenges and progress recorded in realization of activities.
- Carry out operational, administrative, and logistical processes of the projects and activities in accordance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Assist with the planning, organization and logistical arrangement of conferences, seminars, trainings, and workshops as relevant.
- Prepare analytical notes of meetings, draft research reports, briefing notes, policy papers, and other materials as required.
- Support in preparation of concept notes, project proposals and other documentation under IBG Unit.
- Regularly research, follow-up, compile, analyze and share information/data on national, regional and international developments, reports, legislation and other relevant documentation on migration management relevant to the work of the unit.
- Daily communicate and liaise with the beneficiary, provincial governorates and other local and international counterparts and periodically inform the PMM relevant departments as well as IOM project team on the developments, achievements and challenges regarding to project implementation.
- Monitor project activities; update the project plan if necessary.
- Carry out informal translation of high-level correspondences and project related documents, reports if requested by the supervisor or PMM staff.
- Create and maintain physical and electronic project-related files.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social and/or Political Science, International Relations or related fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High school diploma from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant experience.
- Proven knowledge on integration and relevant national/international policies is an asset.
- Proven experience in supporting project management, particularly in matters related migration management.
- Training on project management is asset.
- Being able to travel.
- Good familiarity with diplomatic environment.
- Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national / international institutions.
- Experience working in the region an advantage.
- Experience in writing papers, briefings, articles.
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency:
Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering Results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 26 February 2024.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Referans code : VN#TR/2024/12
E-posta : email@example.com
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
Source : gelbasla.com