Translator /Field Support Staff
Number of Vacancies
Three (3) Vacancies
General Description of the Programme:
SENED is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization licensed and registered in Türkiye with the number 27-15-175. SENED Organization was established shortly after the Syrian Nakba and in response to the suffering of millions of Syrian refugees in Turkey as well as internally displaced people in Syria, to alleviate suffering, achieving justice, equality, and freedom, strengthening the role of civil society, and supporting and developing the local community. SENED works in the humanitarian work sectors to support, empower, and educate the community through several programs, takes exceptional care of people with disabilities and their families and defends their issues.
SENED Association emphasizes creating safe, accessible, and participation-encouraging living conditions for individuals' emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development by focusing on people with disabilities. Beyond the medical perspective on disability, it tries to find solutions to the problems faced by disabled people with a holistic perspective by considering the disabled people, their families, and the society they live in, focusing on the conditions they experience. SENED Association aims to create a safe and supportive environment and space by conducting family-oriented activities to help disabled individuals and their families become stronger, discover their potential and stand by with their children. By collecting data on refugee-disabled people and identifying problems and needs, SENED strives to ensure harmony between disabled refugees and local people with a voluntary, professional team and a community-based approach. All activities, education, research, advocacy, etc., are carried out on platforms created by local and disabled refugee people.
Translator /Field Support Staff
She/He supports the provision of women's and reproductive health services in the provinces affected by the earthquake, under the management and supervision of the doctor responsible for administrative and clinical services in the centre or mobile service units determined by the Health Directorate and SENED, and in close cooperation with other employees.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
· Participates in health promotion, protection and control activities within the framework of the guidance and management of health personnel.
· She/He supports all kinds of communication of health personnel working in centre or mobile service units with beneficiaries during the provision of examination, intervention, information and awareness services, and provides translation services.
· When necessary, She/he accompanies the beneficiaries and provides translation support in the health and protection services provided by the relevant public institutions.
· She/he provides support to the doctor and midwife/nurse in registering the beneficiary to whom the service is provided, collecting the service data and entering it into the data system.
· She/he supports the referral of risky pregnancy and side effect cases detected during field visits to the relevant health institution.
· She/he supports the referral of risky pregnancies and other types of cases detected during field visits to the relevant health institution.
· She/he plays an important role in order to organize the basic awareness sessions on the prevention of diseases and premature deaths in accordance with the culture of the target community served.
· Provides support to the healthcare personnel in the team in identifying, keeping records, duly using, storing and protecting the missing materials required for the regular and continuous provision of fixed or mobile health services.
· Provides cleanliness and order in the areas of duty; Assists medical staff to keep materials clean and always ready for use after use.
· Performs other duties assigned by the health personnel in the team related to the service.
· Works in full cooperation with teammates working in centre or mobile service units and the provincial coordinator of SENED.
· At least high school graduate or higher.
· To have a language proficiency certificate of B2 in Arabic or Turkish languages or to be a graduate of Arabic Language. It is preferable to have documented Arabic-Turkish translation experience.
· It is preferable to be a graduate of Health Vocational High School or Vocational School of Health Services.
· It is preferable to have at least 1 year of experience in the health sector.
· Knowledge of English is preferred,
· To be able to use Microsoft Office, Windows-based applications,
· To have good communication skills and be able to work in a team,
· To be suitable for working in the field (containers, tent areas and rural areas) with flexible hours, in all kinds of physical and weather conditions
How to apply: Interested candidates may please send their resumes with the cover letter and fill out this application link.
The application deadline is February 18, 2024.
General terms and conditions
Disabled beneficiaries, children and vulnerable adults must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that SENED shows this ongoing commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
SENED is committed to creating a genuinely inclusive, effective, and representative organizational culture, encouraging employee equity and diversity, and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, etc., including various experiences and capabilities, helps us understand, represent, and serve children better. Therefore, all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, disability, or age.
If needed, SENED will submit a work permit application for the selected candidate after the job offer is accepted. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Türkiye will result in rescinding the employment offer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. SENED reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of SENED’s work, we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, which may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to apply as early as possible.
SENED Organization does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. | SENED Kuruluşu işe alım sürecinin hiçbir adımında ücret talep etmemektedir.Application URL