To create a profile in UNV Global Talent Pool, review the details, and apply for the open call: https://app.unv.org
This National UN Volunteer (Specialist) assignment is a local post for Nationals of Turkiye and applicants with a valid work permit who are more than 27 years old and with minimum 3 years of experience. The assignment requires full-time engagement (8 hours/5 days per week) in the premises of Presidency of Migration Management; and may also be required to go on business travel missions.
• Support implementation and monitoring of day-to-day activities and administrative processes of the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) project(s) implemented by International Organization for Migration with Presidency of Migration Management; report regularly on the challenges and progress recorded in realization of activities:
• Support in the implementation of the AVRR project(s), which can include, but is not limited to, tasks ranging from assistance in organizing workshops, meeting and conferences, and liaison with national counterparts.
• Follow up on referrals of potential and actual AVRR beneficiaries.
• Retrieve, compile, summarize, analyze, and present information/data on specific project topics.
• Provide regular feedback, on an as-needed basis, on additional needs/gaps in referral protocols and assistance measures for AVRR beneficiaries.
• Liaise with relevant partners to ensure effective partnerships, resource sharing and flow of information (with full respect for the principle of confidentiality), and effective assistance measures in full accordance with national and international standards.
• Participate in relevant trainings/workshops to learn from and contribute to strengthening capacity of relevant partners in identification, referral and assistance of AVRR beneficiaries.
• Contribute to the development of relevant tools and guidelines to support the effective identification, referral and assistance of AVRR beneficiaries in Turkey.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
• Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. Public Administration, Political Sciences, International Relations, Social Services, Law, etc.; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree; relevant programmes;
• Experience in migration domain as well as with public institutions in Turkiye is an asset;
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills both in Turkish and in English and fluency in both language skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
Summary of entitlements:
The UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging her/his own housing and other living essentials. For further information, kindly review "UN Volunteers Unified Conditions of Service" document. National UN Volunteers (Specialist):
Volunteer Living Allowance (per month): USD 1224, disbursing in Turkish Lira
Entry lump sum (one-time payment): USD 400
Exit allowance: USD 100 per contract service month (when successful completion of the assignment)
Health, dental, life and disability insurance: Cigna Private Insurance (including eligible dependents)
Annual leave: 2.5 days accrued per calendar month Uncertified sick leave: 7 days for 12 months and 4 days for shorter assignments
Free access to different learning platforms and UNV network
It is essential to keep in mind that registration in the UNV Global Talent Pool does not guarantee a volunteer assignment. Being selected for a volunteer assignment is a highly competitive process. Our United Nations System partners establish requests for volunteers based on specific needs and requirements. These volunteer opportunities receive enormous interest, and it is simply not possible for all qualified and experienced candidates registered in our talent pool to become UN Volunteers. Here are some points to keep in mind: To avoid the disappointment of applying and not getting contacted, always carefully read the Description of Assignment (DoA) before you apply to determine if you are fully eligible and if your profile fully matches the assignment requirements. Keep your UNV profile always up to date and complete. It's important to note that UNV assignments are not employments, but volunteer assignments.Application URL