Turkey Project Manager
Shafak was officially established on 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and, in the long run, to contribute to recovering and rebuilding society on freedom, justice, and equality basis.
Job code: 231226
Reports to: Head of Programs
The position (Turkey Project Manager) will provide management of the projects in Türkiye, under the Shafak portfolio. The position will support to development and coordination quality of implementation of the Türkiye program activities for Syrian Refugees and host communities in Türkiye. The Manager will be responsible for overall project management and for ensuring that project objectives are on track, which will require him/her to work constructively with colleagues across the Shafak program team. The Manager will provide technical direction to project staff in several programmatic areas including economic empowerment, livelihoods, food security, legal aid assistance, Protection, WASH, and Shelter. In addition, S/He provides recommendations for improvements and will be responsible for reporting, cross-sectorial coordination, financial accountability, external stakeholder engagement, and providing support to the team in various projects.
Project Management and Reporting (25 %)
- The position is responsible for defining the approach to be implemented to realize the project objectives.
- Responsible for setting and enforcing sector standards to be adhered to by implementing staff.
- Responsible for developing easy-to-use tools, models, and protocols to aid in project implementation by the project staff.
- The position will be responsible for producing the monthly and quarterly consolidated Reports.
- When required, the position is responsible for working with the MEAL Manager and other Technical Specialists.
Technical Direction & People Management (20 %)
- Review the short and long-range plans for the delivery of project services and provide guidance to project staff to improve planning, management, and delivery.
- Implement monitoring systems and record-keeping methods that support routine country-level, international, interagency, and donor reporting as appropriate.
- Analysis of program databases to report on key indicators. Advise on improved methodologies when applicable.
- Propose and implement capacity-building activities to enhance local staff's skills in delivering economic empowerment, livelihoods, food security, legal aid assistance, Protection, WASH, and Shelter activities.
- Conduct periodic field monitoring to ensure planned activities are implemented on budget, time, and at recommended industry standards.
- Manage the budget to ensure the spending is as planned and any necessary adjustments are carried out on time.
Project Development (25%)
- Assist the head of the program to develop new program ideas for Türkiye based response.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the developments in Türkiye and the needs and opportunities for response programming.
- Prepare budgets and work plans for new proposals.
- Help in developing a sector strategy that is aligned with the overall program strategy, as well as the relevant strategies.
- Help in developing annual operating plans for the program.
- Support the development and maintain sector-related ToRs.
Networking and Liaison (25%)
- Coordinate strategic networking with donors (in collaboration with the Grants team), the government, and other relevant actors in the livelihoods, economic empowerment, and social cohesion sectors to profile Shafak's work in each sector.
- Establish mutually beneficial working relationships with strategic partners at the local, Area, and National levels.
- Provide all the needed support for the Grants team in the fundraising process and meetings.
Others – duties as required by the direct supervisors. (5%)
Demonstrate adherence to SHAFAK’s following policies:
- Child Safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak Is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse, and Harassment Policy
Shafak expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual, or verbal), intimidation, or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
- Minimum 3 years of experience in humanitarian livelihood, early recovery, economic empowerment, and social cohesion.
- Project management and design experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation.
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, and ability to work effectively with others at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Strong understanding of livelihood, early recovery/resilience, Cash programming & other programming models.
- Good coordination & networking skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to project areas.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Detailed orientation
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor's degree is required in Economy/Business Administration/Human Development/Social Science or a related field.
- A master’s degree is preferable.
- Knowledge of Turkish is a must.
- Excellent knowledge and communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferred.
Source : gelbasla.com