Purpose of the position:
The Orphans and Child Welfare (OCW) Coordinator will be responsible for managing the orphans sponsorship & child welfare programme, coordination with stakeholders including government ministries’, other organizations etc, and designing new projects for children to contribute in achieving the overall organizational goal.
The OCW Coordinator reports to Head of Türkiye operations and s/he is responsible for participating in plans to smoothly manage the orphan’s sponsorship programme, preparing concept notes, proposals, projects implementation plans, reporting the overall project details including progress, interim and final reports. The OCW Coordinator will lead the department according to the organizational policies and procedures and is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic relief values.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The management of orphan sponsorship programme in Türkiye in line with organizational policies and procedures.
- Take lead in finalising the OCW programme strategy in consultation and coordination with stakeholders.
- Closely follow the implementation of Child welfare and orphans on-going and future projects in Türkiye.
- Designing new project concept notes and proposals as per donor guidelines, commitments from donors and based on needs on the ground.
- Coordinating with partners and government authorities for better planning, designing and implementation of projects.
- Recruitment and capacity building of local staff on Orphan sponsorship policies and procedures.
- Prepare all progress reports of the Orphans Welfare Program and share with donors as per the agreed deadlines.
- Uploading orphans’ data online for sponsorship on organizational system.
- Perform quality & quantity assurance checks by paying regular visits to project target area to verify the work is performed in compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Be responsible for the creation and management of a team of volunteers and supervision of their general welfare if this will be possible.
- Responsible for all technical operations of Orphans Welfare Program activities including project equipment, assets and records.
- Setting-up contingency plans to deal with external factors which may affect the field activities.
- Mainstreaming of marginalized groups needs i.e. Persons with disability and old age, women & children etc. during the designing and implementation of project activities.
- Assist in identification, documentation and sharing of organizational successes (Case Studies).
- Maintain projects files and documentation as per the archiving policy and data protection requirements.
- Performs any other duties as and when required by the management.
Experience / Education/Skills – Essential
- Bachelor’s University degree in social sciences/project management/economics or equivalent relevant field. A business management degree is desirable.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive responsibility for projects management in relevant field.
- Proven ability and experience in people and activity management as well as delegating roles and authority in a way in which enables teams to reach their targets/objectives.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing strategies and work plans which help to deliver the wider organisational objectives.
- Demonstrable experience in consultative team approaches to decision making and innovation which motivates and drives teams forward.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and technical skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Ability to work under pressure, with short time frames.
- Ability to travel to other areas if required for project design and implementation.
- Past experience of working on Child & Women Rights / protection projects.
- English and Turkish (written and spoken) is essential, Arabic is desirable.
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and the ability to use other ERP software necessary to manage the operations.
Please note that due to the urgency to fill this position, interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as soon as suitable candidates are identified. The selection process will not wait until the closure of the advertisement. Therefore, interested individuals are encouraged to submit their applications promptly. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Source : gelbasla.com