Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Economic Recovery Assistant - CFW.
About the Job
This role involves supporting the team leader and economic recovery officer - CfW for the quality implementation of intake sessions, facilitation of short-term job creation through Cash for Work (CfW), market linkage activities, and other project activities, in close coordination with other components’ teams and with close day-to-day technical guidance.
It entails close engagement with local stakeholders, municipalities and other governmental institutions, and private sector entities.
Geographic scope: Hatay
This role has a field focus on Hatay province in the effective implementation of early recovery activities responsible for full compliance with DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of early recovery strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Programming & Operations & Interaction with stakeholders
- Implement intake sessions with potential project participants from refugee and host communities in Hatay province
- Assist the economic recovery officer - CfW in communication with municipality and other stakeholders to identify CfW opportunities.
- Act as a focal point for project participants and lead the communication with project participants to share information, conduct follow-ups, and other project requirements under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- Engage in outreach activities related to the project (with community members, local NGOs, and private sector contacts) and assist in maintaining an updated stakeholders database.
- Assist the economic recovery officer - CfW in project participant identification, selection, and placement on relevant activities as well as in attendance monitoring and initiation of timely replacements.
- Contribute to the organization of regular program monitoring for CfW activities through site monitoring visits and FGDs, assure proper utilization and documentation of program monitoring tools, and prepare reports on the findings with action plans.
- Support economic recovery officer - CfW in the collection of necessary MoVs and supportive documents from parties collaborated in CfW schemes and in the maintenance of well-organized documentation of program activities.
- In coordination with the economic recovery officer - CfW and team leader, coordinate with the municipality the day-to-day activities of CfW which include communication of opportunities, challenges, and lessons learned. In addition, contribute to the development of CfW activities led by the component Manager and Team Leader.
- Support data collection of any assessment/research that may arise during the duration of the program.
- Other activities required for the project assigned by the line manager.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Review MEAL reports produced for the activities under responsibility; contribute to the development of action plans and suggestion of appropriate corrective actions.
- Execute approved corrective actions under the supervision of team leader and economic recovery officer - CfW.
- Facilitate the communication between MEAL team and beneficiaries to ensure the timely implementation of MEAL plans.
- Contribute to the project review meeting based on field observations and the technical review of tools used for the implementation of the project.
- Assist economic recovery officer - CfW to assure both implementing partner and other parties collaborated in CfW produce quality reports and share necessary documents with DRC as per pre-determined terms and extend guidance to make sure compliance.
- Under the supervision of Team Leader and Manager, proactively seek, assess, and report new opportunities in regard to activities under the responsibility
- Promote and ensure an active private sector engagement and nertworking with relevant national authorities to contribute to effective implementation of DRC programs
To be successful in this role, you must have a university degree in business administration, economics, marketing, trade, social science and related fields.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Turkish Nationality
- University degree in business administration, accounting, economics, marketing, trade, social science, agriculture and related fields.
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience within early recovery/livelihood sector working for a NGO.
- Experience in market research and analysis
- Experience in business administration and business development.
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience from southern Turkey)
- Fluency in Turkish and Arabic, English is a strong asset
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Contract length: 10 Months with a possibility for extension
Employment Band: I
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay
Start date: 01.03.2024
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 16.02.2024
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Source : gelbasla.com