Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Economic Recovery Officer - Self-Employment.
About the Job
This role involves supporting the team leader in all aspects related to ensuring the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of productive assets support service for beneficiaries willing to pursue start their income generating activities from their houses. It also includes supporting team leader and Economic Recovery manager in organizing product fair, coordinating with the implementing partner for day-to-day implementation matters, and developing and maintaining good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities.
Geographic scope: Country (Turkey)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Programming & operations (60%)
- Under direct supervision of the team leader, regularly inform and coordinate with the business specialist the planning and implementation of agri-food and livestock business expansion and restoration activities through provision of productive assets support.
- Prepare the list of productive assets to be procured in coordination with the implementing partner staff and in line with beneficiary needs, lead the initiation procurement and follow-up with supply chain to ensure timely delivery and distribution.
- Under the supervision of the Team leader, lead organization and proceedings of grant selection committee and assure necessary documentation of committee decisions
- Assure necessary documentation for the activity in line with relevant SOPs.
- Under the guidance of the team leader, explore alternative market linkage support for productive asset recipients.
- Analyze at all times the changing needs amongst refugee groups to ensure that DRC provides relevant support
- Identify, analyze and report, new approaches for business skills trainings and productive assets support to ensure that implementation is relevant to the needs of beneficiaries
- Identify the need for assessments as well as focus group discussions with beneficiaries
- Participate in facilitating and coordinating activities within the team and with other DRC’s departments
- Support the Ec-Rec team leader with the up to date information about the market changes and follow-up on implementing partner/s’ performance.
- Drafting weekly activity reports and submitting it to the Team Leader- Economic Recovery on a weekly basis.
Technical support (20%)
- Identify the technical and operational issues for quality implementation and follow up on recommendations to ensure quality control throughout implementation
- Provide guidance to the project assistant on how to integrate cross-cutting protection considerations into planned interventions.
- Promote and ensure at all times a pragmatic and effective dialogue as well as networking with local institutions and authorities, private Institutes, workshops, national and international NGOs, etc.
- Coordinate with the rest of DRC Turkey team whenever needed.
Monitoring & Evaluation (5%)
- Provide regular reporting on indicators, achievements and challenges related to the project in close coordination with the implementing partner
- Facilitate the qualitative and quantitative monitoring of the project through team meetings, activity monitoring, post assistance visits and focus group, regular reporting and any other monitoring tools.
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the programme
- If requested by the team leader or the Economic Recovery Manager, represent DRC in Economic Recovery working groups and interagency planning workshops.
To be successful in this role, you must have a university degree in economics, business administration, or social sciences.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Turkish Nationality
- Minimum 2 years of experience in economic recovery/livelihood sector working for an INGO.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business administration, marketing or any other relevant discipline.
- Strong experience in private business sector: business administration, marketing, supply chain, commerce.
- Experience with working with partners
- Experience engaging with the private sector
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in Turkish and English, Arabic language is a strong asset
- Project Management (including budget / contract management)
- Project monitoring (including reporting and data management)
- Understanding of the rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women - experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage
- Experience working in the field (preferably experience from Southern Turkey)
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Contract length: 10 Months with a possibility for extension
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Kahramanmaraş
Start date: 01.03.2024
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 16.02.2024
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Source : gelbasla.com