Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Economic Recovery Officer - CFW.
About the Job
Under the support of Team Leader, this role involves overseeing the overall quality implementation of Cash-for-Work (CfW) through conducting and observing intake sessions, coordinating with municipality, leading on the engagement with stakeholders, and implementing other project activities, in close coordination with other components’ teams and with close day-to-day technical guidance.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, coordinate with municipality and other stakeholder to synchronize outreach and implementation of multiple complementary activities.
Geographic scope: Country (Turkey)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Programming & operations & interaction with partner
- Oversee the quality implementation of intake session, outreach plans, CfW activities, and other project activities such as facilitating job placement in close coordination with municipality.
- Develop detailed work-plans for the activities responsible for in line with the project proposals and oversee the timely and effective implementation of these work-plans
- Act as a focal point of DRC with municipality and lead a professional communication with municipality and other stakeholders involved in the implementation of the project activities, with the support of Team Leader
- Oversee beneficiary placement on the activities responsible for, follow dropouts and initiate timely replacement, and maintain a robust tracker to inform reporting.
- Constant follow up on project data including the project participants’ database up to date in coordination with the information management department.
- Coordinate with stakeholder, mainly municipality, collaborated for cash-for-work to successfully launch the activities in line with the DRC SOPs.
- Lead active and regular program monitoring for CfW activities as well as the other activities under the responsibility through site monitoring visits and FGDs, and assure proper utilization and documentation of program monitoring tools and prepare reports on the findings with action plans.
- Assure parties collaborated in CFW comply with relevant contractual terms including occupational safety and wellness, by continuous program monitoring and rigorous documentation review and site monitoring visits, and act upon in case of incompliance under the supervision of Team Leader and Program Manager.
- Follow-up payment processes for the activities under responsibility with Team Leader, review supportive documents for program validation, and maintain robust documentation and archive for activity expenses.
- Assure proper program documentation for the activities as per pre-defined means of verification and provide regular reporting on the indicators, achievements, and challenges related to the project in close coordination with the implementing partner and other parties collaborated.
- Lead the functioning of effective referral mechanisms with other program departments.
- Draft weekly progress reports and submit them to the Team Leader.
- Maintain close coordination with other departments.
- In line with the scope of this description, perform any other tasks assigned by the first-line manager.
- Support, guide, and coach stakeholder focal points on technical and operational issues for quality implementation, and follow up on the recommendations to ensure quality control throughout the implementation period.
- Ensure parties collaborated in CFW to produce quality reports and share necessary documents with DRC as per pre-determined terms and extend guidance to ensure compliance.
- Contribute to the development and harmonization of tools, workflows, and SOPs.
- Guide how to integrate cross-cutting protection considerations into planned interventions.
- Analyze the changing needs amongst SuTPs and refugee groups to ensure DRC is providing relevant activities.
- Under the supervision of Team Leader and Program Manager, proactively seek, assess, and report new opportunities regarding activities under her/his responsibility.
- Promote and ensure effective and professional communication with stakeholder.
- Represent DRC in external meeting once required by Program Manager and Team Leader.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Facilitate interdepartmental coordination with MEAL to assure timely implementation of MEAL plans
- Ensure that FCRM related visibilities are shared with beneficiaries at the onset of implementation.
- Review MEAL reports produced on the activities under responsibility, develop actions plans in response to and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Keep a record of MEAL reports received, analysis of recommendations, and action taken to inform reporting
To be successful in this role, you must have a Bachelor's degree in human resources, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business administration-management, Sociology, etc.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Turkish Nationality
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in early recovery/livelihood working for an INGO
- University degree in Business administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Trade, Social science, Agriculture and related fields.
- Experience in job coaching, human resources development, sociology
- Experience with managing partnerships with local organizations
- Experience engaging with the private sector
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in Turkish and English, Arabic is a strong asset
- Finance, HR and accounting experience, Project planning, implementation and monitoring
- Experience working in the humanitarian field and Private sector (preferably experience of working in Southern Turkey).
- Understanding refugees' rights and protection issues, children, and women - experience working with SuTPs is an advantage.
- A broad understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey and the region.
- A deep understanding of the legal framework of local regulations, including:
- Labor law
- Social insurance system
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Contract length: 10 Months with a possibility for extension
Employment Band: H
Designation of Duty Station: Hatay
Start date: 01.03.2024
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 16.02.2024
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Source : gelbasla.com