TERMS OF REFERENCE
CAPACITY BUILDING MANAGER
Expertise France is looking for a Capacity Building Manager to support the Programme implementation by coordinating the design, implementation and monitoring of capacity building activities.
The Capacity Building Manager will be based in the EF Ankara Office, with frequent travel to the 12 Programme provinces where the activities will be implemented.
1. THE ROLE
Type of contract: Full-time
Estimated assignment period: From 01/04/2024 to 01/12/2028 (56 months)
Location: Ankara, with frequent travel to other provinces of implementation
Starting date: 1 April 2024
Reports to: Team Leader
Line management of: Social Cohesion Expert, Event Manager, VET Material and Technology Expert Programme Assistant, Local Capacity Building Experts
2. EXPERTISE FRANCE
Expertise France is France’s public agency and interministerial actor in charge of international technical cooperation, the second-largest in Europe. As a subsidiary of Agence Française de Développement Group (AFD Group), it designs and implements projects that sustainably strengthen public policies in developing and emerging countries. Expertise France works in key areas of development: governance, security, climate change, health, education, and more. Alongside its partners, it contributes to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
3. THE PROJECT
Starting March 1st, 2024, Expertise France will be implementing Phase II of its İMEP/VET4JOB programme, entitled “Improving the employment prospects for the refugees and host communities by high-quality VET and apprenticeship in Türkiye”, in partnership with EDUSER. Phase II, which will be implemented until 01.12.2028, will be the continuation of the VET4JOB I programme which has been implemented since 01.01.2020.
The İMEP/VET4JOB programme, funded by the Delegation of the European Union to Türkiye, is supporting the development of skills for refugees and host communities in Türkiye, for both adults and adolescents, through high-quality vocational training and apprenticeship training, in line with the needs of the labour market.
The İMEP/VET4JOB programme aims to (i) increase the demand and access of refugee and Turkish youth (14-22) and vulnerable adults to high-quality apprenticeship training, vocational training, and guidance services; (ii) support the fight against child labour; and (iii) increase social cohesion between refugees and host communities.
Overall, the İMEP/VET4JOB Phase II will aim to enhance livelihood opportunities to refugees and communities in Türkiye.
4. DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
Under the supervision of the Team Leader and with the close cooperation with the Social Cohesion Expert, Event Manager, VET Material and Technology Expert, the Capacity-Building Manager will be responsible for overseeing all capacity-building related activities, from identification of needs to training implementation (output 2.1 of the project), as well as for overseeing and managing all outreach activities (output 1.1 of the project).
The main tasks of the Capacity-Building Manager will be as follows:
Management of capacity-building activities:
- Ensure that capacity-building activities are conducted in a quality and timely manner so as to achieve the expected results, by providing strategic guidance to local programme implementation teams
- Oversee the development of the capacity-building strategy and the implementation of capacity-building activities
- Prepare and deliver detailed workplans and contents related to capacity-building activities
- Prepare budget forecasts for capacity-building activities, monitor expenditures on the allocated budget (dedicated budget lines), and flag/report any deviation to the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader
- Organize and coordinate capacity-building activities within VTCs, from identification of training needs to monitoring of the training programme implementation
- Coordinate and provide technical inputs in designing, implementing and reporting of training programmes
- Oversee the development and implementation of models for strengthening VTC-Workplace partnership
- Provide guidance and feedback as needed to VTCs and workplaces to improve their partnership
- Provide input when/if needed for capacity building activities to be conducted in ADUVETs by the implementing partner, and ensure quality
- Organize and coordinate central-level capacity-building activities
- Set a system including tools to conduct local-level capacity-building activities and provide necessary guidance to local staff (VTC management personnel)
- Provide input for small-scale rehabilitation and machinery/equipment support to improve social and learning environment of VTCs and workplaces.
- Monitor training and capacity-building programmes to be implemented
- Ensure the provision of technical expertise relevant to accomplishing the capacity-building activities, by developing terms of reference for short term experts, overseeing their contractualisation and deployment, and supervising their work to ensure their delivery of satisfactory and timely results
- Support the local capacity-building experts in the overall activity management in terms of planning and
implementation and in managing different stakeholders
Management of outreach activities:
- Ensure that outreach activities are conducted in a quality and timely manner so as to achieve the expected results, by providing strategic guidance to local programme implementation teams
- Prepare and deliver detailed workplans and contents for all outreach activities
- Prepare budget forecasts for outreach activities, monitor expenditures on the allocated budget (dedicated budget lines), and flag/report any deviation to the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader
- Review and update the Outreach Strategy and Guidebook
- In collaboration with the M&E team, oversee and support the development of tools to identify needs and target groups for outreach
- Upon consultation with the Team Leader, ensure the provision of technical expertise relevant to accomplishing the outreach activities as needed, by developing terms of reference for short-term experts, overseeing on their contractualisation and deployment, and supervising their work to ensure their delivery of satisfactory and timely results
- Oversee and organise the setup of outreach teams in each target VTC
- Oversee and organise the training of outreach teams in each region and VTC
- Review and upgrade the outreach database, in collaboration with the M&E team
- Oversee and supervise the workplace screening process, in coordination with the M&E team
- Ensure that workplace and household visits are conducted according to plan and that the required referrals are made
- Oversee preparation and supervision of grant agreement with ASAM on outreach activities for NEET and also risk prevention measures
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with the Social Cohesion Expert, Event Manager, VET Material and Technology Expert, and Grants and Incentives Expert
- Coordinate closely with the procurement and logistics team for all procurement needs in relation to the outreach and capacity-building activities, providing them with details workplans and procurement needs ahead of time to ensure timely delivery of required materials and equipment
- Prepare documentation, archiving, and reporting related to capacity building activities to be conducted
- Contribute to the knowledge capitalisation and communication activities of EF with regards to VET4JOB capacity building and outreach activities.
- Any other task as required and requested by the Team Leader.
5. REQUESTED PROFILE
- University education in social sciences such as education, sociology, international relations, public policy and social work or another related field to capacity development.
- 10 years of professional experience in designing, delivering and facilitating training programs
- 5 years of professional experience in social support projects with vulnerable groups ideally refugees, IDPs, youth, women
- Experience working with schools, and VTCs in particular, would be a very strong asset
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of apprenticeship and vocational training, institutional development, capacity building, and school climate change
- Ability to lead and manage experts
- Sound knowledge on the Syrian conflict and situation of the Syrian population in Turkey
- Experience within public agencies/ public offices, national and local stakeholders, European Union funded programmes or international projects
- Good knowledge and working experience of Turkish institutions and policies, especially of the Ministry of National Education, as well as the civil society organisations
- Professional working knowledge of English and Turkish: ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in both English and Turkish.
- Highest demonstrable professional skills on:
- Inter-cultural communication
- Autonomy and initiative
- Results-based management and reporting
- Computer skills: knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Deadline for submission of applications: 25.02.2024
Applications must be made in English. Please send your application to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference to “EF Capacity Building Manager”
- A CV, including 2 references
- A cover letter
7. SELECTION PROCESS
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be established by Expertise France.
- Shortlisted candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Referans code : CAPACITY BUILDING MANAGER
E-posta : email@example.com
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
Source : gelbasla.com