TERMS OF REFERENCE
SOCIAL COHESION EXPERT
Expertise France is looking for a Social Cohesion Expert to support the VET4JOB programme implementation by coordinating and overseeing the design and implementation of social cohesion activities, as well as monitoring and reporting on the implementation of these activities.
The Social Cohesion Expert will be based in the EF Ankara Office, with frequent travel to the 12 Programme provinces where the activities will be implemented.
1. THE ROLE
Type of contract: Full-time
Estimated assignment period: From 01/05/2024 to 01/12/2028 (55 months)
Location: Ankara, with frequent travel to other provinces of implementation
Starting date: 1 May 2024
Reports to: Team Leader
Line management of: Program Assistant
2. EXPERTISE FRANCE
Expertise France is France’s public agency and interministerial actor in charge of international technical cooperation, the second-largest in Europe. As a subsidiary of Agence Française de Développement Group (AFD Group), it designs and implements projects that sustainably strengthen public policies in developing and emerging countries. Expertise France works in key areas of development: governance, security, climate change, health, education, and more. Alongside its partners, it contributes to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
3. THE PROJECT
Starting March 1st, 2024, Expertise France will be implementing Phase II of its İMEP/VET4JOB programme, entitled “Improving the employment prospects for the refugees and host communities by high-quality VET and apprenticeship in Türkiye”, in partnership with EDUSER. Phase II, which will be implemented until 01.12.2028, will be the continuation of the VET4JOB I programme which has been implemented since 01.01.2020.
The İMEP/VET4JOB programme, funded by the Delegation of the European Union to Türkiye, is supporting the development of skills for refugees and host communities in Türkiye, for both adults and adolescents, through high-quality vocational training and apprenticeship training, in line with the needs of the labour market.
The İMEP/VET4JOB programme aims to (i) increase the demand and access of refugee and Turkish youth (14-22) and vulnerable adults to high-quality apprenticeship training, vocational training, and guidance services; (ii) support the fight against child labour; and (iii) increase social cohesion between refugees and host communities.
Overall, the İMEP/VET4JOB Phase II will aim to enhance livelihood opportunities to refugees and communities in Türkiye.
4. DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
Under the supervision of the Capacity Building Manager and with the close coordination of Event Manager, the Social Cohesion Expert will be responsible for coordinating the organisation and implementation of social cohesion activities.
Main tasks of the Social Cohesion Expert will be as follows:
- Ensure that social cohesion activities are conducted in a quality and timely manner so as to achieve the expected results, by providing strategic guidance to local programme implementation teams
- Review and update the social cohesion strategy of the programme so as to ensure the highest results with regards to improved social cohesion
- Prepare and deliver detailed workplan and content related to the social cohesion activities of the Programme
- Coordinate with the implementing partners for effective implementation of all social cohesion activities and ensure synergy among all social cohesion inputs of the Programme
- Prepare budget forecasts for social cohesion activities, monitor expenditures on the allocated budget (dedicated budget lines), and flag/report any deviation to the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader
- Organize and coordinate social cohesion activities within VTCs and workplaces, from identification of needs to monitoring of implementation
- Contribute to the social space arrangements within VTCs and workplaces
- Provide input when/if needed for social cohesion activities to be conducted in ADUVETs by the implementing partner, and ensure quality
- In coordination with the Capacity-Building Manager, contribute to the capacity-building strategy and capacity-building activities for social cohesion aspects
- In collaboration with the Event Manager, organize and coordinate central-level social cohesion activities, including apprentice student forums and apprentice student vocational solidarity activities
- Set a system including tools to conduct local level social activities and provide necessary guidance to local staff
- Provide input for small-scale rehabilitation and machinery/equipment support to improve social environment of VTCs and workplaces.
- Ensure the provision of technical expertise relevant to accomplishing the social cohesion activities, by developing terms of reference for short term experts, overseeing their contractualisation and deployment, and supervising their work to ensure their delivery of satisfactory and timely results
- Prepare documentation, archiving, and reporting related to social cohesion activities to be conducted central and local level
- Contribute to the knowledge capitalisation and communication activities of EF with regards to social cohesion activities.
5. REQUESTED PROFILE
- University education in social sciences such as education, sociology, international relations, public policy and social work
- 10 years of professional experience in social support projects with vulnerable groups ideally refugees, IDPs, youth, women
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of social cohesion context
- Sound knowledge on the Syrian conflict and situation of the Syrian population in Turkey
- Experience within public agencies/ public offices, European Union funded programmes or international projects
- Good knowledge and working experience of Turkish institutions and policies, especially of the Ministry of National Education, as well as the civil society organisations
- Professional working knowledge of English and Turkish
- Highest demonstrable professional skills on:
- Inter-cultural communication
- Autonomy and initiative
- Computer skills: Knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
Deadline for submission of applications: 01.03.2024
Applications must be made in English. Please send your application to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference to “EF Social Cohesion Expert”
- A CV, including 2 references
- A cover letter
7. SELECTION PROCESS
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be established by Expertise France.
- Shortlisted candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Referans code : SOCIAL COHESION EXPERT
E-posta : email@example.com
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
Source : gelbasla.com