TERMS OF REFERENCE
Expertise France is looking for a Programme Assistant (PA) to support the Programme Team, and assist overall programme implementation. He/she will be based in EF Ankara Office, with occasional travel to programme provinces where the activities will be implemented.
1. THE ROLE
Type of contract: Full-time
Estimated assignment period: From 01/04/2024 to 01/12/2028 (56 months)
Location: Ankara, with occasional travel to other provinces of implementation
Starting date: 1 April 2024
Reports to: Program Experts (To be assigned one supervisor based on internal work division)
Line management of: N/A
2. EXPERTISE FRANCE
Expertise France is France’s public agency and interministerial actor in charge of international technical cooperation, the second-largest in Europe. As a subsidiary of Agence Française de Développement Group (AFD Group), it designs and implements projects that sustainably strengthen public policies in developing and emerging countries. Expertise France works in key areas of development: governance, security, climate change, health, education, and more. Alongside its partners, it contributes to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
3. THE PROJECT
Starting March 1st, 2024, Expertise France will be implementing Phase II of its İMEP/VET4JOB programme, entitled “Improving the employment prospects for the refugees and host communities by high-quality VET and apprenticeship in Türkiye”, in partnership with EDUSER. Phase II, which will be implemented until 01.12.2028, will be the continuation of the VET4JOB I programme which has been implemented since 01.01.2020.
The İMEP/VET4JOB programme, funded by the Delegation of the European Union to Türkiye, is supporting the development of skills for refugees and host communities in Türkiye, for both adults and adolescents, through high-quality vocational training and apprenticeship training, in line with the needs of the labour market.
The İMEP/VET4JOB programme aims to (i) increase the demand and access of refugee and Turkish youth (14-22) and vulnerable adults to high-quality apprenticeship training, vocational training, and guidance services; (ii) support the fight against child labour; and (iii) increase social cohesion between refugees and host communities.
Overall, the İMEP/VET4JOB Phase II will aim to enhance livelihood opportunities to refugees and communities in Türkiye.
4. DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
Under the supervision of Programme Expert (to be assigned after the recruitment based on internal work division), the Programme Assistant will provide backstopping to the whole programme team with regards to the programme implementation.
The Programme Assistant will be responsible for:
Programme Management Support
- Provide programme and administrative support to the programme team in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements
- Under the guidance of the supervisor, assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the programme unit
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required
- Assist the programme team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking
- Provide day to day support to the program team, including coordinating office supplies, copying, filing, travel arrangements in close cooperation with Logistic Assistant, etc.
- Provide ad hoc translation and interpretation
- Liaise with the project stakeholders in the provinces for the organisational support to activities
- Ensure timely distribution of publications, promotional and training materials in close cooperation with Logistic Assistant
- Writing minutes of all programme-related meetings (both in English and Turkish)
- Support the Program Experts to establish and maintain procedures for smooth implementation of the activities
Financial Management Support to the Programme Team
- Support Programme Team to prepare required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of the project.
- Create requisitions for receipt of goods and services, including making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers
- Support the programme team in the financial management of the project
- Organize, compile and process information from the donor as well as from the programme team, and keep track of the information through databases and e-filing
- Support the programme team in the tracking of and reporting on mobilized resources
Administrative Support to the Programme Team
- Provide administrative support to the programme team in the organization of events, meetings and workshops, etc.
- Make travel arrangements for the programme team and project staff, including preparation of travel requisitions and claims in close collaboration with Logistic Assistant
- Draft official correspondences
- Maintain and organize up-to-date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Create and maintain files of correspondence/documents and electronically received information, and ensure up-to- date filing. Maintain both hardcopies and electronic copies of the office records and reference files on various subjects
- Prepare presentation material/slides in Power-point for presentations for the meetings/workshops and keep all papers ready for meetings
5. REQUESTED PROFILE
- University degree
- 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Prior experience with international development projects, especially EU-funded would be an asset
- Professional working knowledge of English and Turkish; very good commend of written and spoken English
- In-depth professional understanding of social media platforms, familiarity with attaining social media statistical tools
- Computer skills: Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of database packages
- Highest demonstrable professional skills on:
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Inter-cultural communication
Deadline for submission of applications: 25.02.2024
Applications must be made in English. Please send your application to the following email address:
email@example.com, with reference to “EF Programme Assistant”.
Applications must include:
- A CV, including 2 references
- A cover letter
7. SELECTION PROCESS
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
- As a first step, a shortlist will be established by Expertise France.
- Shortlisted candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Referans code : PROGRAMME ASSISTANT
E-posta : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
Source : gelbasla.com