World Vision international
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The position will provide overall management on the livelihood programs under in Turkiye, under the Syria Response Strategy. The position will support to develop, and coordinate quality of implementation the livelihood activities for Syrian Refugees and host communities in Turkiye. The Manager will be responsible for overall Livelihoods Portfolio Management and for ensuring that project objectives are on track, which will require him/her to work constructively with colleagues across the Syria Response team. The Manager will provide technical direction to project staff in the areas of livelihoods, according to the projects’ activities, and provide recommendation for improvements S/He will be responsible for reporting, cross sectorial coordination, financial accountability, external stakeholder engagement, and providing support to the team in the livelihood project.
Knowledge/ Qualifications for the role:
Program Management and Reporting
- The position is responsible for defining the approach to be implemented to realize the project objectives.
- Responsible for setting and enforcing sector standards to be adhered to by implementing staff.
- Responsible for developing easy to use tools, models and protocols to aid in program implementation by the project staff
- The position will be responsible for producing the monthly, quarterly consolidated Reports.
- When required, position is responsible for working with the MEAL Manager and other Technical Specialists in compiling the Annual Child Wellbeing report for review and approval by the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
Technical Direction & People Management
- Review the short and long range plans for delivery of project services, and provide guidance to project staff and/or partners to improve planning, management and delivery.
- Implement monitoring systems and record keeping methods that support routine country-level, international, interagency, and donor reporting as appropriate.
- Analysis of program databases to report on key indicators. Advise on improved methodologies when applicable.
- Propose and implement capacity building activities aimed at enhancing skills of local staff and/or partners in delivery of livelihoods activities.
- Provide Coaching and mentoring of project staff including reviewing their annual Performance Agreements and Annual Appraisals in collaboration with their respective matrix supervisors.
- Conduct periodic field monitoring to ensure planned activities are being implemented on budget, time and at recommended industry standards.
- Manage the budget to ensure the spending is as planned and any necessary adjustments carried out on time.
Networking and Liaison
- Coordinate in strategic networking with donors (in collaboration with the GAM team), the government and other relevant actors in the livelihoods sector with a view to profiling WVS's work in the sector.
- Establish mutually beneficial working relationships with strategic partners at the local, Area, and National level.
- Regular coordination with the Livelihoods Coordinator and the ERL Advisor.
Learning and Innovation
- Contribute to the livelihood sector specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives with a view to generating lessons and knowledge for program effectiveness.
- Responsible for generating innovations by working with the Area Manager, MEAL coordinator, ERL advisor and other Operational Functions.
- The position will investigate, document and disseminate promising practices coming from the implementation of the livelihoods Project.
Others – duties as required by the direct supervisors
Required Professional Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in humanitarian livelihood, early recovery, resilience, and Cash programming
- Project management and design experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation
- Demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, and ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psycho-logically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Strong understanding of livelihood, early recovery/resilience, Cash programming & models
- Good coordination & networking skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel project areas
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Detailed orientation
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Commitment and ability to inspire others to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
- Bachelor degree is required in Economy/Business Administration/Human Development/Social Science or related field
- Master’s degree is preferable
- Turkish Nationality
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
- Knowledge of Turkish is a must
- Excellent knowledge and communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferred
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Female candidates highly encouraged
If you meet our requirements, please submit your English resume with a cover letter via website, only applications submitted via our website and in English are accepted.
Source : gelbasla.com