Position: PSS WORKER - PRF-2401-01008-453
Job Location: (Reyhanlı-Hatay )Turkey
Reporting to: Senior Project Officer -Psychologist
Working area: (Reyhanlı-Hatay )Turkey
Number of positions open: 2
Contract Duration3 months and a half
Last date for application: February 20, 2024
psychologist, PSS workers, MHPSS staff
General objective of the position:
The role of the Psycho-social Support Workers is to provide Psycho-social service through comprehensive assessment, recovery planning, implementation, and overall evaluation of individual needs and additional ways of support in addition to conducting outreach visits in the community regularly.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Working effectively with the other MHPSS team members to ensure a high quality of work with full respect for the Humanitarian Work Principles.
- Supporting the beneficiaries with creating their recovery plan (with step-by-step recovery goals) based on their needs and problems, in addition to the continuous follow-up according to their care plans.
- Participating in linking the beneficiaries with the suitable services to their needs when it exceeds the PSS Workers skills (Referral system and monitoring the internal and external referrals done) including the coordination with other service providers to fulfill the additional needs of the beneficiaries.
- Providing the needed psycho-education to the beneficiaries and their caregivers and family members.
- Building the PSS support based on the beneficiaries’ strengths and supportive real elements in their lives.
- Taking in consideration the reported evaluations of Beneficiaries’ satisfaction into consideration to improve the PSS service quality.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of beneficiaries’ information documented in the assessment forms and the clinical soft and hard copies with ensuring good quality of documentation of the beneficiaries’ files and information.
- Participating in the ongoing group and individual technical supervision sessions.
- Providing weekly/monthly regular updates and reports to the supervisor.
- Participating in raising awareness regarding the MHPSS disorders and the rights of people who suffer from them on both individual and the community levels.
- Conducting outreach visits to the communities in Gaziantep on a regular basis.
- Active participation in advocacy campaigns and celebration of world days related to MHPSS such as (World Mental Health Day, International Day for People with disability…etc.).
- Facilitating group activities for beneficiaries and group activities of care providers of the beneficiaries.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- A university degree in any related field of study (e.g. bachelor of psychological counseling) is mandatory.
- A university degree in Psychology or Sociology is preferred.
- Previous experience working on PSS is preferred.
- A basic understanding of e-mail and filling out electronic forms for beneficiaries is preferred.
- Commitment to the basic morals of working with vulnerable people and respecting confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and with a team at the same time.
- Ability to conduct individual and group awareness-raising sessions and group activities specifically in MHPSS issues.
- advanced written and spoken in Arabic (native speaker) is mandatory
- Remote Management Tools and Techniques
The contract duration is 3 months and a half. The salary will be defined according to the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale.
Interested candidates may please send their resumes and fill out the application at the following link:
Source : gelbasla.com