Title: Junior - Multi-Track Peacebuilding Advisor for SPI Project
Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of extension
Project: The objective of the Syria Peace Initiative (SPI) is to support the implementation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 2254 to achieve an inclusive political transition in Syria. To this end, SPI uses multiple modalities of implementation, including the provision of grants to Syrian and international non-governmental organizations, contracting of experts as well as direct implementation through the SPI project team. The initiative seeks to bridge gaps between actors from different sides of the various Syrian dividing lines and link the different levels of the peace process. The project's technical team supports the conceptual development of the initiative, contributes to the generation of relevant analyses on the Syrian context, and supports with the conflict- and gender-sensitive implementation of multi-track peacebuilding initiatives.
- Support in the design, planning, facilitation, monitoring, implementation, and reporting of grants and projects (focus on Track 2 and 3) along GIZ regulations and donor policies in a complex multi-stakeholder remote management context.
- Contribute to innovative and tailored ideas for the management of multi-track projects to the Technical Team Lead based on a substantial and granular knowledge of dynamics of Syrian civil society (inside and diaspora), the UN-led political process and technical approaches to peacebuilding.
- Support to liaison with international agencies, civil society actors, international organizations, and other actors relevant to the project in close coordination with supervisor and other team members.
- Maintain of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ.
- Ensure best practices of Do-no-harm and context-sensitivity.
- Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- University degree in Political Sciences, International Relations and/or an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, such as e.g. Law (equivalent to BA or MBA)
- Existing professional experience in a comparable position;
- Experience of working with GIZ or other international organisations
- Experience in working on internationally coordinated/ UN-led peace processes of at least is an asset;
- Deep understanding and analysis skills regarding legal and political structures and processes of internationally coordinated/ UN-led peace processes.
- Substantial and granular knowledge of dynamics of Syrian civil society (inside and diaspora), the UN-led political process and technical approaches to peacebuilding.
- Profound understanding of Track 2 and Track 3 as well as multi-track approaches and proven experience of at least 2 years of work with relevant entities and actors.
- Experience in conflict analysis and stakeholder mapping; profound knowledge of the Syrian conflict necessary.
- Strong capacity in grants management including planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting (along GIZ regulations);
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to understand and advise on the challenges that NGOs, CSOs might encounter in project implementation.
- Proven experience in applying best practices of Do-No-Harm and context-sensitivity.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to focus under pressure, and to work on tight timelines.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken) is mandatory.
Interested and qualified internal candidates are requested to apply through our Job Portal Job opportunities | Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (giz-jobs.com) by filling in the digital application form as well as submitting their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a Cover Letter in English, stating their qualifications and previous professional experiences.
GIZ Turkey - CV Template.doc
The deadline for application is the 16th of February 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion. GIZ is encouraging persons with disabilities to apply for the position. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification and experience as well as local standards.
ATTENTION: PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN THE GIZ CV FORMAT. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Source : gelbasla.com