Vacancy Notice Number:
Project Assistant (Education)
Mersin – Türkiye
3 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
14 February 2024
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer (Protection and Resilience) in Gaziantep and direct supervision of the Project Field Coordinator in Mersin, the incumbent will be responsible in providing education counselling services for the Mersin Metropolitan Municipality Migrant and Community Center. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible in the project coordination of the Mersin Metropolitan Municipality Migrant and Community Center in close cooperation with IOM Türkiye programme teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet migrants and refugees at the Municipal Migrant Center (“Center”) to provide necessary updated information and referral services to ease their access to education services,
- Identify migrants and refugees having problems with access to education and take steps to provide them with necessary education support in coordination with relevant education institutions and organizations under the supervision of the program team.
- Conduct proper case management on education in coordination with the Center’s counselling units such as social services, community support, health etc.
- Carry out proper referrals to IOM programs and units or external organizations where applicable. Use the documents and templates such as interagency referral forms, official letters and requests for the referrals.
- Contribute to the organization of awareness sessions for education such as back to school campaigns, scholarships, registration procedures, higher education access etc. and ensure that all activities run smoothly,
- Contribute to the preparation of visibility materials and disseminate the informative materials,
- Collect requests of migrants and refugees in accessing education and conduct focus group discussions while planning future activities in coordination with Center staff.
- Report weekly, monthly, periodic achievements, progress, challenges, actions taken, lesson learned in realization of activities and duties
- Follow up the activities with IOM support units such as logistic, PI, MEAL, QC etc.
- Provide necessary statistics, information, feedback, documentation regarding the requests, development of IOM internal procedures and in center work flow. Provide accurate and consistent inputs for the center related requests.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Completed bachelor’s degree in related education, social science, social services disciplines, with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in relevant field and in working with vulnerable groups;
- Proven experience in facilitating education for children especially refugees and migrants;
- Proven analytical, interpersonal, mediation and organizational skills;
- Excellent level of computer literacy;
- Experience in liaising with migrant communities;
- Prior experience working with migrant children will be an advantage
- Residing or willing to reside in Mersin
- Fluency in Turkish and English is required.
- Working knowledge of Arabic is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency:
Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering Results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 14 February 2024.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Referans code : SVN#TR/2024/08
E-posta : email@example.com
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
Source : gelbasla.com