Vacancy Notice Number:
Project Assistant (Social Services)
Adana - Türkiye
3 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4)- with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
14 February 2024
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Officer (Protection and Resilience), and direct supervision of the Project Field Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for providing counselling services at the Community Center. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible in the project implementation of the Adana Metropolitan Municipality Migrant Community Center in close cooperation with IOM Türkiye programme teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Meet migrants and refugees at the Adana Community Center (“Center”) to provide necessary updated information and referral services to ease their access to social services,
2.Identify migrants and refugees having social needs and problems and take steps to provide them with necessary support in coordination with relevant institutions and organizations under the supervision of program team,
3.Ensure proper case management on social services in coordination with Center’s counselling units such as community support, education etc. Ensure proper referrals to IOM programs and units such as shelter, protection, outreach. Use the documents and templates such as interagency referral forms, official letters and requests for the referrals,
4.Contribute to the organization of awareness sessions and capacity building activities and ensure that all activities run smoothly,
5.Collect requests of migrants and refugees in accessing social services and conduct focus group discussions while planning future activities in coordination with Center staff,
6.Meet and liaise with relevant local public authorities and civil society organizations to improve access to social services for migrants and refugees,
7.Report weekly, monthly, periodic achievements, progress, challenges, actions taken, lesson learned in realization of activities and duties,
8.Follow up the activities with IOM support units such as logistic, PI, MEAL etc.
9.Provide necessary information, feedback, documentation regarding the development of IOM internal procedures and in center work flow,
10.Perform other duties as may be assigned
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
• Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
• Managing and sharing knowledge:
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
• Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
This is a local position and applications from candidates for non-Turkish citizens holding a valid residence permit residing in Türkiye might be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Türkiye by the end of 14 February 2024.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.APPLICATION