CARE International in Turkey provides assistance to people affected by the Syria crisis both in Syria and in Turkey. In Turkey, CARE supports Syrian refugees through a multi-sectoral response focused on protection, legal, basic needs, and economic empowerment as well as people affected by the February earthquakes. CARE also assists communities affected by armed conflict and/or displacement in Northwest Syria, through its cross-border program. CARE implements humanitarian and development programs through many partners inside Syria in five sectors: Emergency Response, Livelihoods and Early Recovery, Protection and Sexual Reproductive Health, as well as WASH and Shelter with gender as crosscutting theme. CARE has also a directly implemented operation in Jarablus area (in Northern Aleppo).
CARE is looking for a MEAL Manager to join its Program Quality department. It is a senior position playing a strategic role in ensuring MEAL standards and approaches are in place and are being implemented across CARE Türkiye implementation. MEAL Manager will lead the work of three units: PQ MEL, Accountability and Independent Verification and report directly to Program Quality Director. S/he will also liaise on regular basis with Regional and Global MEAL units and specialists.
S/he is expected to demonstrate high levels of personal initiative, excellent planning skills and to build excellent working relationships across various departments, especially with other program based MEL teams.
This position will be based at CARE Turkey’s Gaziantep office and will support CARE’s field offices/project sites in the implementation of a variety of MEAL projects and initiatives.
Job Responsibility #01 |20%|
Ensure CARE Turkey country office (NWS – Turkey response) has in place and applies a robust Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning system
- Lead on the process of standardization of MEAL approaches across various sectors and implementation modalities.
- Ensure that CARE Turkey MEAL systems are in line with CARE USA, CARE International and donor requirements.
- Ensure KPI, IMPACT and Outcome indicators (in line with CARE Global indicators) are in place to measure performance quality and impact and ensure its integration into program designs.
- Ensure a set of accountability and verification indicators in line with CARE’s global indicators are in place to be used across CARE Türkiye’s programs.
- Ensure the necessary MEL, Independent Verification and Accountability SoPs and guidelines are in place and always updated to serve the needs of the different program modalities and enforcement of quality standards.
- Collaborate closely with the MEL team and program unit to pinpoint gaps in the existing MEL system on the Country Office level and take the necessary steps/actions to secure support to fill the gaps.
- Work with respective teams to ensure CARE Turkey MEAL methodologies are gender and age sensitive, inclusive and participatory
- Ensure quality and timely Project and Program Information and Impact Reporting System (PIIRs) reporting process annually.
- Oversee timely planning for evaluations and TPMs, development of quality focused TORs and effective management of those contracts. Review relevant evaluation and TPMs reports and provide feedback to ensure final products meet highest quality standards and serve basis for organizational learning.
- Ensure that all TPM and Evaluation exercises are serving CARE global 2030 vision/CARE Tukey country office vision/requirements and donor requirements.
- Ensure that safeguarding and PSHEA mainstreaming are integrated into all MEL tools and frameworks through measurable output and outcome indicators.
- Lead on learning activities and exchanges in the CO
- Develop a learning agenda for the CO
- Lead on or contribute to the development of learning and/or research products to be shared externally
Job Responsibility #02 |20%|
Project Cycle Management
- Ensure supervised teams contribute quality MEAL inputs across the project cycle (needs assessment, the project design phase, partner kick off meetings on MEAL components, mid-term reviews, final evaluations, and donor reports).
- Ensure Accountability is mainstreamed across all sectors and program modalities.
- Work with respective MEL coordinators to validate and clarify technical MEL requirements for different donors
- Ensure all learning findings from different sources are streamlined on the country office and promote a culture of learning exchange and adaptive management across sectors/responses.
- Ensure proper budgeting for PQ MEL, Accountability and Independent verification activities
- Ensure proper reporting and tracking of sensitive cases received via Accountability FCRM, Independent verification field monitoring and TPMs
Job Responsibility #03
Accountability to Affected Populations |20%|
- Ensure that CARE Türkiye’s program portfolio is aligned with and meets standards set by CARE FAM, HAF and Accountability Framework and in line with the IASC Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP) framework and the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS).
- Ensure suitable feedback and complaints mechanisms are in place for CARE Türkiye’s three program modalities supported with the right tools and guidance for staff.
- Oversee the activities of CARE’s Accountability Team, which includes community feedback and beneficiary verification activities, providing leadership, technical support, and oversight.
- Support Accountability Coordinator to provide technical support to CARE’s local partners to develop and manage Feedback and Complaints Mechanisms (FCM), and other Accountability matters.
- Support CARE and partners in promoting community engagement/advancing accountability for better engagement with target communities.
- Monitor functionality of a new FCRM platform to address any inefficiencies or challenges
- Support Accountability team to produce timely and quality accountability reports
- Ensure findings, trends, and insights are communicated to relevant teams and stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- In coordination with Accountability Coordinator represent CARE Türkiye in external Accountability related coordination meetings and taskforces.
- Ensure reporting sensitive complaints related to compliance and safeguarding on time and provide necessary support to respective units.
Job Responsibility #04
Independent Verification (IV) |20%|
- Oversee the functioning of CARE’s Independent Verification (IV) process for CARE Türkiye’s cross border program.
- Maximize efficiency, including cost efficiency, of the IV methodology and systems.
- Work closely with IV Coordinator to develop and maintain IV guidelines and workflows reflecting the IV working mechanism, scope of work and areas of focus.
- Work closely with IV Coordinator to ensure an efficient and effective system for monitoring and tracking the performance of IV team against key performance indicators and targets is in place.
- Work closely with the IV Coordinator to uphold and enhance IV products, aiming for optimal outcomes from the monitoring exercise and fostering effective knowledge and learning tracking and generation.
- Ensure there is a functioning coordination mechanism with cross border program leads to review, adjust and improve the IV process related to each sector based on lessons learned.
- Coordinate and support audit and compliance department as needed for the purpose of conducting verifications.
- Ensure that any reported red flags are being reported through the proper channels and archiving methodology.
- Ensure that IV unit and program departments are adhering and maintaining the SOPs across each other and conduct a regular review whenever needed.
- Sign off IV confirmation sheets and follow protocols whenever there’s sensitive or red flags reported.
- Lead on maintaining data protection protocol within the IV unit and ensure proper archiving and data entry through all data collection and reporting mechanisms.
Job Responsibility #05 |20%|
Team management and coordination
- Lead PQ MEL, Accountability and IV teams and ensure their work priorities are clear and measurable.
- Support the development of job descriptions, management structures and performance management of those units.
- Work with CARE Türkiye’s Safeguarding Manager to ensure that CARE’s MEL and accountability approaches are aligned with safeguarding practices and standards.
- Work closely with the Partnership Manager to ensure partner capacity is assessed and developed according to the capacity development plan.
- Strengthen PQ MEAL department coordination and ensure sufficient communication with CARE MEAL staff and respective departments/Units to promote learning culture and enabling environment.
- Supervise, mentor and coach PQ MEL, Accountability and IV Coordinators to become the strong lead of their technical units and produce high quality outputs.
- Identify training needs for PQ MEL, Accountability and IV teams and provide capacity building
- Identify and suggest solutions for capacity building of broader CARE Türkiye team and partners in relation to MEAL
- Conduct yearly performance appraisal processes.
- Ensure safeguarding is integrated and given a voice in all management processes including recruitment, induction, performance management, team meetings, annual planning processes, field level monitoring.
- Contribute to creating a safe culture.
- Read and be fully familiar with CI Safeguarding Policy and CARE Turkiye Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate behaviours that promote a safe culture in line with CI Safeguarding Policy and CoC.
- Report safeguarding and PSHEA-CA concerns immediately.
- Master degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, or other relevant subject.
- Certifications in project management and/or MEAL related technical courses
- At least 5 years of experience working in MEAL related role.
- At least 3 years of experience in humanitarian sector.
- Previous experience working in an advisory MEL role
- Experience in MEAL management role with an NGOs
- At least 2 years’ experience of undertaking a MEL related role in a remote management humanitarian context
- Strong analytical skills
- Well familiar with Accountability standards and principles
- Well familiar with MEL approaches and methodologies
- Experienced with impact measurement methodologies and conducting evaluations
- Extensive experience in database management, quantitative software applications and qualitative methods
- Strong skills in excel and other data management software
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
- Supervise, training and coaching experience
- Ability to facilitate/conduct technical trainings for staff in a remote setting
- Good understanding of donor requirements inclusive of BHA , ECHO and other major donors
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across a range of stakeholder, but particular with partners
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Great management skills (team, tasks, and time)
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkiye, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkiye is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
At CARE, we believe all people have a right to safety and to live their lives free from harm. Our Safeguarding Policy is a response to CARE’s commitment and recognition of our responsibilities to protect and safeguard people we work with, and who work for CARE, from any form of abuse, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, physical and emotional abuse, neglect, and child abuse. CARE has a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of abuse perpetrated by our employees, related personnel, or partners, towards anyone, during or outside of working hours, in-person or online. Our recruitment process includes criminal records checks and the collection of relevant references. We expect those representing CARE Türkiye to adhere to our Code of Conduct and CARE International Safeguarding policy, both in their private and professional lives.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkiye (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkiye will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **
Source : gelbasla.com