CARE International in Turkey (CARE) provides humanitarian assistance to communities affected by the Syrian crisis in Northwest Syria and Southeast Turkey. The Accountability Coordinator is a part of the Program Quality Department and ensures CARE accountability system is functioning in line with CARE policies and SOPs. He/she works closely with other head of subunits from program quality and with relevant staff from programs, MEAL and with partners’ focal points.
Accountability Coordinator is responsible for ensuring CARE Feedback, Complaints and Response Mechanism (FCRM) allows affected populations (men, women, girls, and boys) to submit complaints and provide feedback through a set of available FCRM response channels and that CARE provides timely response to those complaints/feedback in line with CARE protocols and SOPs. S/he is also responsible to analyze the complains/feedback received and prepare internal and external reports depicting captured trends and reflecting accountability activities. Accountability Coordinator will support enhancing community engagement practices to enable targeted communities and their representatives to participate in project design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. Using data collected through accountability activities the Accountability Coordinator will foster a process of learning to make concerted effort to adapt CARE activities in response to the received comments.
Job Responsibility #1 Enhance CARE accountability systems and culture | %20 |
- Ensure CARE accountability system across programs mainstreams CARE’s framework i. Transparency (information sharing), ii. Community engagement (consultation & participation), iii. Feedback (complaints and response of affected people)
- Ensure affected populations (women, girls, men, and boys) have constant access to information about CARE’s programs and to channels that can process complaints & feedback with confidentiality & respond appropriately within predefined standards.
- Accountability guidelines, SOPs, tools, and resources are in place and updated regularly to reflect the new changes across CARE programming areas.
- Work innovatively to improve direct contact mechanisms with targeted communities’ members to enable accountability and strengthen the understanding of programs’ outcomes, in line with CARE’s Humanitarian Accountability Framework and Core Humanitarian Standards
- Ensure partners and all those involved implementing accountability activities have the full information and understanding of CARE’s accountability and community engagement guidance and SOPsDevelop community engagement tools to streamline the process across CARE three modalities
Job Responsibility #2 CARE FCRM is functioning in line with CARE policies and that CARE analyses and learns from received feedback and complaints | % 20 |
- Ensure daily functioning of CARE FCRM for the three modalities
- Ensure timely responses are being provided to respondents
- Ensure feedback and complaints are being analyzed
- Seek to continuously improve the timeliness and accuracy of complaints cycle according to the FCRM categories and SOPs
- Ensure timely response to submission of complaints received through CARE Syria FCRM
- Ensure functionality of CARE FCRM software and lead on its development/maintenance continuously to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of complaints and feedback lifecycle
- Identifies needs for the updates of the SOPs and communicates those to the MEAL Manager
- Ensure reporting sensitive complaints related to compliance and safeguarding on time and provide necessary support for the sake of verification/investigation to respective units.
Job Responsibility #3 Enhance MEAL processes from accountability perspective | % 10 |
- In coordination with the MEAL department, devise and implement appropriate monitoring tools to identify gaps in the application of the accountability systems and design tools and training modalities aimed to address these gaps.
- While the AO MEAL team is primarily responsible for the accountability activities in the field, the Accountability Coordinator will Support AO MEAL team in its application through providing advice and developing tools.
- Follow up the collection of data on accountability via various ME activities
- Under the supervision of MEAL Manager create mechanisms to assess findings and define actions for improvement
- Coordinate with MEAL FP in CARE three modalities to ensure consistent and regular reporting for accountability related indicators on ITT
Job Responsibility #4 Reporting and proposal development | 15% |
- Lead on preparation and timely submission of monthly and quarterly reports/analysis of the complaints and feedback received
- Effectively communicate and support CARE’s partners on producing accountability-related reports through regular/on time meeting
- Coordinate with grants and business development unit to ensure accountability inputs are properly submitted throughout grant lifecycle.
Job Responsibility #5 Coordination & Capacity building | %10 |
- Coach and mentor CARE staff and partners on different areas related to Accountability and the FCRM system, provide technical guidance including coaching and mentoring of Partner Accountability focal points.
- Coordinate with Head of Programs to ensure relevant tools and systems are in place to ensure standardization across programs.
- Document lessons learnt and best practice on accountability to support CO adaptive programming and reporting needs
- Conduct/oversee the accountability related trainings to CARE field monitoring teams
- Develop accountability training material both in Arabic and English to be used by CARE and partners’ staff
- Provide regular feedback on partner performance regarding accountability in coordination with partnership unit.
Job Responsibility #6 Team management | %25 |
- Ensures roles and responsibilities of accountability team are clear
- Ensures all team members receive necessary support and guidance on how to perform their tasks
- Identifies areas for improvement /capacity building of the team members
- Facilitates coordination and communication between the accountability team members
- Identify needs for any additional human resource needs for the accountability unit and lead on relevant recruitments
- BA degree in Social Sciences, International relations, cultural anthropology or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience of working in M&E, accountability particularly, customer service, or a community based/consultation related role.
- Experience managing FCRM, preferably online systems
- Experience in community mobilization and community-level dialogue.
- Demonstrable experience of competently and effectively synthesizing and managing large quantities of data.
- Experience of conducting trainings and coaching/mentoring.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Must be able to read and interpret documents and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
- Strong excel, data analysis and reporting skills.
- Excellent proven communication skills
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle a high workload and to work independently.
- Politically and culturally sensitive
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkiye, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkiye is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
At CARE, we believe all people have a right to safety and to live their lives free from harm. Our Safeguarding Policy is a response to CARE’s commitment and recognition of our responsibilities to protect and safeguard people we work with, and who work for CARE, from any form of abuse, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, physical and emotional abuse, neglect, and child abuse. CARE has a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of abuse perpetrated by our employees, related personnel, or partners, towards anyone, during or outside of working hours, in-person or online. Our recruitment process includes criminal records checks and the collection of relevant references. We expect those representing CARE Türkiye to adhere to our Code of Conduct and CARE International Safeguarding policy, both in their private and professional lives.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkiye (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkiye will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **
Source : gelbasla.com