Title: Protection/Economic Empowerment Coordinator
Reporting to: NWS Protection Manager
Technical reports: WOS Protection Advisor
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading non-profit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
The Protection/Economic Empowerment Coordinator is responsible for (a) The day to day implementation of activities, (b) ensuring implementation of activities in accordance with agreed upon work plan, (c) provide overall technical oversight for income generation activities (IGAs) and Vocational trainings including identifying IGAs that are appropriate for targeted communities / provinces, (c) developing Standards Operating Procedures SOPs / Guidelines for IGAs to ensure clear criteria for participants, (d) managing design and implementation, and ensuring indicators to monitor and evaluate the IGAs are in place. The Position will report to the NWS Protection Manager and technically to WOS Protection Advisor.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Under supervision of NWS Protection Manger, the incumbent of this position will:
- Provide technical and management oversight, guidance, and supervision of the income generation activities includes vocational and entrepreneurship training and launching start-up.
- Support and assist in conducting a market assessment and value chain analysis in the targeted areas
- Identify problems, risks, and areas for improvement; and provide technical support to staff.
- Carry out regular field visits to inspect activities and organize regular project review sessions through participatory methodologies involving beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the areas of intervention, with the aim of establishing and/or verifying emerging needs, gaps, and priorities, to redefine the RI's priority income generating intervention.
- Develop technical SOPs for the Income Generating Activities in RI protection centers including selection criteria, implementation procedures, etc.
- Ensure the preparation of detailed implementation work plans and provide necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities.
- Ensure that programme targets are reached in accordance with agreed programme objectives and as per contracts with donors and in line with the overall programme approach.
- Assist in developing the evaluation tools to monitor the vocational and entrepreneurship training effectiveness as well as to assess the impact of the delivered courses (Baseline – endline, pre-post assessment, end of training evaluation, observation sheets, PDM, etc.).
- Liaise with key external stakeholders, including but not limited to, partner organizations, vocational training centers, private sector, other local leaders, and program participant communities as a key aspect of implementation.
- Coordinate with Livelihoods and early recovery actors to ensure best practices will be reflected on the vocational training and Income Generating Activities within RI programmes.
- Manage the consolidation of the vocational trainings and Income Generating Activities data and reports within RI protection centers in accordance with the established logical framework to ensure compliance to accuracy, high quality and timeliness.
- Contribute to establish and update the referral system for the catchment areas, and regularly update service mapping of service providers, other livelihoods and early recovery actors within the area of intervention.
- Responsible for collecting data and maintain accurate and confidential up to date documentation.
- Responsible on preparing and submit weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner to NWS Protection Manger on the progress achieved, challenges faced, and other technical outcomes related to the income generating activities. The job holder must ensure that the reports are developed while always emphasizing quality and accuracy.
- Responsible for keeping the protection manager well-informed with developments and emerging issues related to the implementation for the program.
- Oversee preparation of technical documents such as tenders and BOQs, and material and equipment purchase and delivery as necessary to ensure that RI’s and donors’ policies and procedures are applied and followed.
- Actively participate in coordination meetings when requested by the protection manager
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- A graduate degree in Business, Economic, Social Work or any other relevant field
At least 3 years of experience in implementing Livelihoods, early recovery and economic opportunities programs
Experience in working with an NGO – especially in project implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, internet explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems
- Experience in working in livelihoods or early recovery sectors particularly in skills development, job placement, entrepreneurship training, youth, and women's economic empowerment program.
- Experience working with GBV survivors
- In-depth knowledge of community-led microgrants initiatives.
- Clear understanding of gender, protection, human rights, child rights and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in community development and project development, including the ability to evaluate and modify program content where necessary
- Familiar with the emergency context and issues (preferably Syrian context)
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Excellent organizational, communication and management skills
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision, manage competing priorities and find creative solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills with strong attention to details and the quality of work being submitted.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities; demonstrated flexibility with the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Fluent Arabic language communication skills required (both oral and written)
- Very good oral and written English skills
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
RI Has a zero-tolerance policy towards any behavior that violates its code of conduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation, abuse, as well as lack of integrity, corruption, and fraud. RI also adheres to strict safeguarding principles.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to email@example.com before February 27, 2024 stating in the subject “Protection/Economic Empowerment Coordinator“
All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Please note that the position might be closed before the deadline.
Referans code : Protection/Economic Empowerment Coordinator
E-posta : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
Source : gelbasla.com