CARE is striving for gender parity in its team structure. We particularly welcome applications for this job from female candidates This role is expected to take big role in the coordination of the CARE field monitoring between MEAL working program and partners. S/he will work to continuously improve project quality control with specific focus on the following areas: qualitative and quantitative data collection, assessment scheduling and coordination, data analysis and use, and quality monitoring. The IV Coordinator will ensure that all Partner projects are continually monitored for their effectiveness and appropriateness and that lesson are documented and communicated to inform on-going implementation and future programming. This includes the coordination of CARE consultants at field level. S/he will guide Partner teams in achieving outcome/impact focused projects and accountability to beneficiaries in line with international standards. They will generally coordinate MEAL across the program to ensure a standard level of quality and that learning and accountability systems are working effectively.
Job Responsibility #1 Management of CARE’s Independent Verification (IV): | % 50 of time |
- Line Manage the IV team inside Turkey/Syria.
- Work with MEAL Manager to effectively manage CARE’s independent verification process for inside Syria programming.
- With the support of the MEAL Manager ensure that CARE’s IV is working towards output level monitoring focusing on project deliverables, services and coverage.
- Work with MEAL Manager to ensure that staff from CARE and partners fully understand the function of IV in quality assurance and strengthen a culture of open reflection and improvement.
- Support MEAL Manager to contribute to the Independent Verification Confirmation Sheet on a monthly basis, confirming all the program deliverables and services was independently monitored by CARE and follow the protocols in case of any red flags occurred during the implementation.
- Support and work closely with Audit & Compliance department on any opened investigations and track them on regular basis to be finalized within the IV reports as well.
- Ensure MCs tools and reports are customized based on consultation with relevant MEL /Program staff in addition to safeguarding manager to meet the needs of each sector/modality.
- Develop and update IV MC master workplan on regular basis based on change/update in the program workplans.
- Work with MEAL Manager and field team leader to ensure sufficient number of MCs are available to fulfil all project’s independent verification.
- Put the safety and security of the team at the heart of the field coordination.
- Track and follow up any issues and areas for improvement with the team.
- Ensure maximum ability to manage team and workload by efficient delegation of tasks, team management, and careful monitoring of work/life balance.
- Ensure high field coordination between CARE MC, and partner’s field focal point to avoid overlap among beneficiaries’ sample between MCs, TPM & partners.
- Ensure the IV system is supporting the learning and the adaptations of the programs which contribute to better results and quality.
Reporting | % 20 of time |
- Based on consultation with MEL Coordinator and MEAL Manager, work towards standardizing the reporting templates and timeframes of IV activities between TPM & MCs to match with partner’s reporting templates and timeframes as well.
- Work with IV team to ensure timely reporting of monitoring findings as per the standard reporting timeframes for MEL reports.
- Ensure immediate (within maximum 24 hours since monitoring activities conducted) reporting of red flags to program/project managers and relevant departments (Risk management and Audit & compliance).
- Support & contribute to donor’s reporting with MCs reports/findings.
- Produce monitoring reports per monitoring activity and compile synthesis of learning across projects and sectors.
- Support MEAL Manager in reporting IV related section within any event.
Job Responsibility #2 Effective MEL coordination and support: | % 20 |
- Ensure that data collection and entry methodologies used at field level are those that have been agreed between hubs and that partners are satisfied that they are fit for purpose.
- Ensure gender sensitive data collection forms are available from Safeguarding unit and gender sensitive approaches are used when collecting information from primary and secondary beneficiaries.
- Use monthly data to produce information at CO level in accessible and visible formats for different strata of staff to encourage a culture of data use and evidence-based decision making.
- Work closely with MEL coordinators, sectors MEL officers and program team to ensure proper planning for CARE’s IV activities inside Syria
Job Responsibility #3 Capacity Building | % 10 |
- Identify training/learning needs of staff and conduct trainings to address the capacity gaps, in collaboration with their line-manager and the human resources department.
- Ensure positive and effective communication between the sector MEL Officers and IV team staff (and CARE program team).
- Provide overall management support to monitoring consultants through regular contact, remote supervision/mentoring, direct training.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkiye, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkiye is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
At CARE, we believe all people have a right to safety and to live their lives free from harm. Our Safeguarding Policy is a response to CARE’s commitment and recognition of our responsibilities to protect and safeguard people we work with, and who work for CARE, from any form of abuse, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, physical and emotional abuse, neglect, and child abuse. CARE has a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of abuse perpetrated by our employees, related personnel, or partners, towards anyone, during or outside of working hours, in-person or online. Our recruitment process includes criminal records checks and the collection of relevant references. We expect those representing CARE Türkiye to adhere to our Code of Conduct and CARE International Safeguarding policy, both in their private and professional lives.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkiye (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkiye will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **