AMAL İNSANİ YARDIM DERNEĞİ (AİYD) is a local Ngo registered in Turkiye and operating in Gaziantep and Kilis in cooperation with local and international partners. Within the Earthquake Emergency response is looking for a variety of professional profiles to support the activities in all areas mostly affected by the earthquake.
About the Job
The social workers will be part of a Mobile Emergency Team operating in mobility, and having Gaziantep or Kilis as base, in an integrated manner with team leaders, a psychologist and emergency coordination officers in the areas most affected by the earthquake. As social worker, he/she will be required of identifying and providing psychosocial support and facilitation for the benefit of target groups in areas most affected by the disaster and facilitate sessions and animate child-friendly spaces. They will work in team and adapt their service according to the priorities identified and changing in the period of implementation of the project, assuring that the interventions are conducted preserving the dignity of beneficiaries and following strong ethical principles and confidentiality. They will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of their activities, and will ensure that the impact of team activities is met considering the cultural context for the most vulnerable communities.
Within the scope of Protection and PSS interventions, the social workers will conduct group sessions, also with children, support assessment and interviews with beneficiaries conducted by the psychologist or the team leader and cooperate with the emergency protection team in the preparation, implementation and reporting of psychosocial and protection activities and case management.
The social workers will also support assessing the needs of beneficiaries and help identify the most suitable interventions. They will also responsible for keeping records, daily monitoring service beneficiaries' progress, and reporting to the Team Leader, Project Manager and Partner Technical and Supervision Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To evaluate the needs of the population of concern within the scope of Psycho-Social Support Program and Protection services,
• To support the preparation of content and strategies to be used in individual and group sessions,
• Organizing and facilitating group sessions in Arabic or Turkish (children and adults), programs, and making the relevant needs assessment, planning and implementing an intervention plan in outreach activities, in particular raising awareness of the beneficiaries, social skills, coping skills and accessing social support, organizing peer group activities for children and adults in the affected group,
• Coordinate with the team leader and other members of the team the integration of psychosocial support and protection considerations in the overall team activities,
• Support the Team Leader and Psychologists identify PoCs with vulnerabilities and support in case management (identification, assessment, case implementation, data entry, referral, follow-up, feedback etc, maintaining strict protocols for safety, confidentiality, and consent and, if necessary and refer people with severe mental disorders, in coordination with the referral team,
• Support the mapping existing support provisions, together with the Team Leader and the Project Coordinators to reinforce their capacity and gap identification in services, and to make referrals to the necessary authorities when required
• Report weekly on the activities and the qualitative and quantitative status of the participants activities and supporting team management in developing a weekly program for the activities,
• Participating in training, supervision, and team meetings,
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports on the number and identification of cases by age and gender, using the provided spreadsheet program and collection tools,
• To keep a record of the attendance and pre-post test of the sessions given in the program files,
Contract length: 3 Months (with possibility of renewal)
Designation of Duty Station: Gaziantep or Kilis, with daily team mobility to earthquake affected areas (Nurdagi and Islahiye)
Start date: 01/02/2024
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with AIYD Terms of Employment for Nationals and depending on experience of the candidate.
• Degree in psychology or education or social sciences (completed at least Bachelor’s degree, Master Degree is an asset)
• Language Skills: requirement 1) fluent Arabic (mothertongue Turkish is an asset) 2) fluent Turkish & English or
• Turkish Citizenship
• In possession of a Driving license and driving experience is an assett
• Previous experience (3 years) in related areas of intervention is an advantage (more specifically Have experience of conducting group sessions with adults and children). Field experience in group activity design and implementation,
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, advanced Excel, Zoom, Kobo and Google tools
• Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• Having experience working in case management, individual and group sessions,
• Having experience of working in a team and ability to work in coordination within a team structure, to cope with a flexible and stressful workload, and to work with limited resources,
• Strong communication skills, Strong problem solving, coping with stress, communication, time management, organization, and facilitation skills,
• This role requires travelling daily to affected location and might include long or flexible working hours at times,
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Only Applications sent via email to: email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Closing date for applications: open until filled
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, AIYD and its partners reserve the right of conducting tests and interviews before the closing date and can close the job application earlier in case of finding a suitable candidate.APPLICATION