Duties and Responsible
is responsible of; in coordination with the Community Hub Officer,
- developing a coordinated, efficient, and measurable protection program for all beneficiaries by aiding the Hub/Office and keeping up to date on legal systems;
- organizing one-on-one and group sessions with the beneficiaries in order to provide the necessary guidance for benefiting from the rights envisaged in accordance with domestic and international legal frameworks;
- providing the whole legal consultancy process with the beneficiary with a personal and step-by-step approach;
- accompanying the beneficiaries for discussions or transactions with the authorities, if necessary; regularly informing refugees about their legal, civil, social rights, residence status, legal aid, marriage, divorce, birth, death, and property acquisition rights; working closely with other staff, experts, and translators in the hubs and find holistic solutions to problems;
- preparing petitions or other formal requests to government authorities when necessary; referring vulnerable persons or other lawsuits to relevant stakeholders, UN agencies or other NGOs when necessary, and accompanying them to the relevant organizations when necessary;
- monitoring national and international news channels for relevant social, legal and political developments and engaging with government officials, partner organizations and individuals; regularly reporting common problems and needs of migrants and refugees in access to rights and services;
- providing general experience sharing in coordination with case workers;
- acting in accordance with the privacy of the beneficiary, especially regarding child safety, and to support other team members to comply with the same sensitivities;
- participating in all trainings and orientation meetings that may sometimes be held during the weekends;
- fulfilling any other ad hoc duties to be delegated by the affiliated Community Hub Officer and to work within the general needs of the project when necessary.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in law.
- At least 3 years of experience in the legal field.
- Knowledge and experience of refugees and migrants. (Empathy and understanding skills, Awareness of the challenges faced by refugees and migrants, Sensitivity to human rights and justice.)
- Ability to take an analytical approach to legal issues and generate solutions.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Problem-solving and teamwork skills.
- Sense of responsibility and dedication.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualifications should submit the application form HERE by uploading CV and Cover Letter outlining their interest for the position.
Applications by phone will not be accepted.
The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for interview.
Source : gelbasla.com