Vacancy Announcement - Human Rights Analyst - Re-Advertisement
- Job Title: Human Rights Analysts
- Location: Gaziantep/ Turkey,
- Vacancy Code: TR-DAHR-2401
- Closing Date: 15th of Feb 2024
- Contract Duration: 2-3 months.
- Contracting Conditions:
- The work must happen in the LDHR office in Gaziantep in Feb-April 2024. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT BE IN GAZIANTEP DURING THIS PERIOD.
- The data analysts are expected to complete up to four reports per day over 2-3 months.
- The successful applicant will be offered a fixed-term contract.
Lawyers and Doctors for Human Rights is a non-governmental organization that supports civilians during crises and dedicates the time and resources to provide help to stop human rights violations and aiding people in need to be effective community members.
Lawyers and Doctors for Human Rights (LDHR) are seeking data analysts to process and enter data from LDHR’s forensic medical documentation into an online digital system. The data analysts will review the Arabic standard forms, identify key information, provide analysis and enter the information in English in designated fields in the online system. The human rights documentation details torture and inhuman treatment. The documentation is mainly in Arabic language while the online system is in English and Arabic.
- KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate up to four forensic medical evaluation reports per day.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of reports to identify key data points as specified by LDHR, presenting a comprehensive summary analysis for each report.
- Record the analyzed data in LDHR’s online system, UWAZI.
- Appropriately tag or label information within the online system following LDHR guidelines.
- Perform English data entry for reports originally in Arabic.
- Offer timely feedback to LDHR on any system-related issues encountered during the process, facilitating immediate troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with LDHR team members and the organization's IT consultant company/partner to address challenges arising from data analysis and entry.
- Actively participate in meetings and calls, fostering collaboration with both LDHR and partner organizations as required.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Education: At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, General International Law or any equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Work Experience:
- Legal/Human Rights background, preferably in an INGO/ NGO, in a similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Syria and the Syrian conflict (including Syrian dialect) is preferred.
- The reports contain detailed descriptions of violence, torture and sexual violence. The willingness to read through such content and the ability to recognize its effect on oneself and take steps for self-care is required.
- Skills: High proficiency Knowledge of MS Office applications and extensive experience with archiving systems, coupled with proficiency in utilizing various online software platforms.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English / Arabic (written and spoken) ESSENTIAL & REQUIRED.
- Independence and Deadline Management:
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Consistently delivers on set objectives within specified deadlines.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations whilst maintaining a calm and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated capability to manage confidential information, with a requirement to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The applicant should have work authorization in Turkiye (Applications with Turkish citizenship will be preferred).
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to LDHR, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. LDHR is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
- Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
LDHR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, or harassment (sexual or otherwise), based on race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status.
LDHR employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside LDHR.
- Applicant's Personal Data Protection Acknowledgment:
All applicants considering a position with LAWYERS AND DOCTORS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS (“LDHR”) should be aware of our compliance with Article 10 of the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 ("Law") and the related Communiqué. As part of our employee candidate evaluation, LDHR will process personal data, which may include, but is not limited to, full name, date and place of birth, gender, resume details, nationality, marital status, mobile phone number, and e-mail address.
This processing is guided by principles outlined in Article 5 of the Law, indicating that data processing is essential for both the establishment of a contract and for the protection of a right. Potential candidates should also be informed that their data might be partially or fully transferred, in an automated fashion, to LDHR's affiliates for aligned objectives.
If you refer any individuals to LDHR as part of your application, it is assumed you have obtained the necessary permissions for sharing their data.
For any inquiries or concerns related to your personal data processing, applicants can reach out in writing to LDHR's official address. By applying, you consent to LDHR processing and potentially transferring your personal data as detailed above and in alignment with the Law's provisions.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications (Resume/ CV) and Cover Letter in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
- LDHR Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis. LDHR reserves the right to close or extend this advertisement before the confirmed closing date, depending on the receipt of sufficient applications.
- Prospective candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters to https://bit.ly/3HkZcAV
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Source : gelbasla.com