Title: Youth and Social Cohesion Specialist - Grant Manager / CLIP Project
Salary Band 4
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
- Main Activities
- Specialized Technical Assistance
- Supporting the integration of youth, providing youth the opportunity to identify and prioritize goals that will support their integration while also developing positive and meaningful relationships with insightful and culturally responsive measures,
- Ensuring proper mainstreaming of youth across all projects with social cohesion and protection lenses,
- Performing initial assessments of the needs and goals of the youth and developing a plan to meet those needs through educational, vocational, and social activities,
- Contributing to the inclusion of youth in the partner projects to address any operational/legal gaps,
- Ensuring advice/guidance is provided to partner projects to improve the delivery of assistance of refugees and other persons of concern,
- Serving as the focal point for the operations within the activities of youth and social cohesion and follow up on situational realities, challenges and developments that may have an impact on CLIP,
- Initiating and actively managing the contact and relationship with the public stakeholders,
- Coordinating and supervising field activities in the areas of youth and social cohesion programming,
- Building the capacity of local partners through training and other initiatives,
- Providing advisory services to the CLIP team and the CSOs on conflict management and social cohesion.
- Technical Duties
- Supporting and guiding the planning, organization (including proposal, budget, log frame development processes), quality implementation and reporting of activities for 8 to 10 partner projects operating in the sectors of protection, non-formal education, and social cohesion in coordination with internal and external stakeholders,
- Providing technical guidance and advisory services to partners on GIZ and donor regulations to ensure compliance within implementation, budgeting, and M&E to the partners, and supporting competency development as needed, including facilitation of linkages to relevant learning opportunities,
- Undertaking regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision, as well as continuously monitoring the progress of project activities,
- Develop and maintain overview of all partner contracts, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents,
- Raise compliance issues timely and proactively with project staff and line manager(s),
- Supporting the project management unit in the planning/implementation/reporting processes according to the activity implementation plans and progresses,
- Supporting and actively participating in the inter-agency coordination of the project.
- Cross-Departmental Duties
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Following-up of donor indicator achievements in field visits,
- Checking the consistency of reported monthly data with the narrative reports,
- Supporting the further development of quality criteria for social service delivery and checking compliance during partner visits.
Finance and Administration:
- Monitors the financial implementation progress of grant and subsidy recipients in close cooperation/coordination with Finance Unit,
- Provides basic recommendations to grant and subsidy recipients on eligibility of costs in close cooperation/coordination with Finance Unit,
- Concludes in context of self-administration approach booking of flights and travel arrangements and of minor booking for accommodations and meeting venues and coordinates with the relevant focal point(s).
Communication and Visibility:
- Advising implementing partners on visibility guidelines,
- Checking and approving the PR and visibility materials of implementing partners before publication.
- Staying abreast of and reporting as relevant on legal political, social, economic, and cultural developments that have an impact on the project implementation environment,
- Manage archiving of all project files and institutional memory of grants and programs,
- Track and generate reports on the narrative and financial aspects of partner projects in close collaboration with the Programme Operations Manager,
- Regularly reporting to the line manager on program oversight, financial management, M&E, HR, communications, outreach, and stakeholder engagement,
- Drafting and circulating internal periodic updates on youth and social cohesion trends and responses, and reporting on milestones and activities.
- Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Master’s degree (MA/MSc) in Education, Political or Social Sciences, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law, OR University degree (BA/BSc) in the above fields with 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent professional track record with at least 5 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of migration with implementation of national/international NGO projects and a minimum of 3 years of experience with youth and/or social cohesion programming,
- High level of knowledge and familiarity with the youth sector, networks, civic engagement, local and national government agencies, academia, and civil society in Turkey,
- Experience in working with youth and refugee populations,
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management, Log Frame Analysis, and program development tools,
- Prior experience implementing case management/PSS/legal assistance and community-based protection activities,
- Knowledge of conflict management/prevention in the framework of social cohesion activities/programs,
- Superior knowledge of Gender and Protection mainstreaming,
- Work experience with relevant UN and/or EU organizations,
- Significant experience managing projects, ensuring tracking of targets and activities, and donor reporting,
- Excellent writing, reporting, documentation, and communication skills in English and Turkish. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi would be an asset.
Interested and qualified internal candidates are requested to apply through our Job Portal Job opportunities | Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (giz-jobs.com) by filling in the digital application form as well as submitting their CV in GIZ Turkey’s format and a Cover Letter in English, stating their qualifications and previous professional experiences.
The deadline for application is the 08th of December 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ATTENTION: PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN THE ATTACHED GIZ CV FORMAT. THE APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER CV FORMAT WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
Source : gelbasla.com