Dünya Doktorları Derneği
Médecins Du Monde Türkiye / Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Please visit www.dunyadoktorlari.org.tr to learn more.
Hierarchical & Functional Links
Based in Istanbul, Social Media Officer reports directly to; Communication and Liaison Manager, Operations Director, President.
Status: Fixed-Term Contract(extension is possible)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Knowledge & Qualification
- Overall management skills in humanitarian sector especially in INGOs
- Knowing the context of the area and emergency intervention
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the humanitarian sector(INGO is a huge asset)
- Preferably has experience on administration of related departments
- Required: English (oral and written)
- Preferred: French, Turkish, Spanish, Arabic
IT & Equipment
- Good proficiency with Microsoft package
Financial Responsibility (if required)
- Has budget planning & spending plan experience
Representation (if required)
- Has representation skills(presentation, organization etc.)
- Good at stakeholder and partner relations
Communication & Information flow (if required)
- Has good communication skills(oral & written)
- Interdepartmental organization & coordination experience
Skills and Qualities required:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
- Proven experience in managing social media platforms for organizations, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Strong understanding of social media trends, platforms, and best practices.
- Experience in planning and executing successful online donation campaigns.
- Creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box and develop innovative campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and draw actionable insights.
- Passion for social impact and fundraising for charitable causes.
- Flexibility and capacity of adapt to complex and changing contexts;
- Ability to work in an international context and collaborate with international and national experts;
- Familiar with multicultural environment;
Social Media Management:
- Develop and execute social media strategies across various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others, to increase brand awareness and engagement.
- Create compelling, shareable content such as posts, videos, graphics, and articles that resonate with our target audience.
- Monitor social media trends, track user engagement, and analyze the effectiveness of campaigns to optimize content and strategies.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute online fundraising campaigns, including crowdfunding initiatives, peer-to-peer fundraising, and virtual events.
- Cultivate relationships with donors and supporters, fostering a sense of community and encouraging regular contributions.
- Collaborate with communication teams to integrate donation appeals seamlessly into social media content.
- Community Engagement:
- Respond to inquiries, comments, and messages on social media platforms promptly and professionally.
- Foster a sense of community among followers, encouraging active participation and dialogue.
- Identify and engage with influencers, partners, and supporters to amplify our organization's reach and impact.
- Generate compelling, impactful, and emotionally resonant content to convey our organization's mission, projects, and success stories.
- Produce high-quality multimedia content for social media and fundraising campaigns.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Track, analyze, and report on key social media metrics and donation performance indicators.
- Utilize data insights to refine strategies, improve engagement, and optimize donation campaigns for maximum impact.
Management of Legal Duties
- You represent the organization toward local authorities, and will be assisted by the Admin Officer to performed this duty;
- You ensure the application and respect of the Turkish laws within all DDD Operations in Türkiye and Syria (e.g. INGO Registration, Offices Registration, Staff residency permit, Staff work permit, declaration at social security, Ministry agreement for conducting project/reporting, etc.);
- You are in charge to ensure the organization is exempted of tax, as much as possible;
- You are the main contact to DDD Lawyer/Legal Accountant, verify and approve that all types of contract (staff, supplier, partner agreement) are conformed with local regulation;
- You properly document and fill all legal aspects, communication and process undertaken by the mission.
Supervision of the Support Services
- You ensure the line-management of the Support Coordinators & Teams (Finance, HR, Admin, Logistics&Procurement), supervise their objectives and priorities and support them to deal with critical issues;
- You ensure an effective and regular coordination of the Support Departments, leading support coordination meeting and ad hoc meeting on specific thematic;
- Upon General Director/Presiedent’s specific request, you ensure punctual gap filling of Coordinator positions during critical periods (leaves, HR gap, etc.); the gap filing could concern the following positions: Finance Coordinator, HR Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Field Coordinator;
- You supervise the production of a mission guidelines, gathering all existing key procedures from all departments, in order to improve the overall knowledge of mission staff;
- You supervise the delivery of regular on-the-job training to Support Services staff members, in order to strengthen the capacities of the staff and foreseen the progressive nationalization of expatriate positions;
- For the specific tasks described below, you will systematically assist the General Director/President in:
- Finance: setup, revision and amendment of Mission Budget;
- HR: expatriate recruitment and follow-up;
- Logistics: security back-up and implementation of logistics means for security management.
Internal & External Control
You ensure on monthly basis an internal control of the respect of financial, HR and logistics process at Coordination and base level (based on existing internal procedure and check lists);
You are in charge of the overall document filing (soft and hard copies) of the mission, and ensure mission archives are regularly and properly sent to HQ;
You are responsible to coordinate (focal point) the preparation of all audit and evaluations, as well as capitalize all provided recommendations and ensure their implementations;
You are in charge of piloting the periodic cost-efficiency analysis of the DDD Programs in collaboration with the Operations and Medical Coordinators;
You are in charge of the implementation of the DDD Anti-Abuse Policy within the Mission.
Support Legal & Administrative Setup of DDD
In direct collaboration with the General Director/President and DDD Lawyer/Legal Accountant, you ensure all necessary legal steps are taken to properly structure DDD;
You prepare the potential transfer of contracts and activities from MdM France(or other partner) to DDD, based on a documented analysis and HQ decision;
You ensure the administrative management of DDD.
- You participate to the monthly situation report (SITREP) by providing progress related to your position;
- You provide regular reporting to your line manager upon his/her solicitation;
- You provide a mission report and/or handover at the end of your contract;
- Debriefing at HQ at the end of your mission.
- Provide a mission report and/or handover document at the end of contract.
Other Related Tasks
- Represent and actively participate in relevant team meetings;
- Report any security related issues to the line manager;
- Support operational organisation of DDD activities;
- Ability to travel, if requested;
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Source : gelbasla.com