About Suriye Yardım Derneği:
We are one of the leading Syria-focused charities in the world. We provide lifesaving and life-changing Support to millions of Syrians annually through emergency interventions, providing medical facilities, food, clean water, shelter, orphan support, protection, and education. Through our parent charity, Action For Humanity, we also work further afield.
Syria Relief was established in Manchester, UK, at the start of the Syrian conflict in 2011. Dismayed at the rapidly unfolding crisis in Syria, a group of friends of Syrian heritage came together to provide emergency humanitarian aid in the region for what has initially assumed to be a short-term project. Since then, we have grown to become the largest Syria-focused charity in the UK and have touched the lives of 10.3 million people in need.
We are focused on providing medical care, food aid, education, protection, and access to water and shelter to the millions of Syrians displaced across the region. As well as establishing long-term projects such as schools, healthcare clinics, and livelihood.
Vacancy: Health and Nutrition Program Senior Officer (Turkish citizenship)
Qualifications and Education Requirements: University degree in a related field (medicine degree is preferred). or other relevant field of study
General Work Experience: At least 3 years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector. Experience working in emergency, development, or recovery program context preferred. At least 2 years’ work experience directly supervising a team of staff. Experience with staff remote management experience highly valued. Capacity to work closely with institutional partners and private donors. Focus on healthcare or medical-related work. Under the supervision of the H&N program manager, program officer will be responsible for the coordination and implementation assigned projects in northwest Syria. The Program officer will work closely with Syria based team and with all departments across the agency. S/he will coordinate closely with other sectors to ensure providing comprehensive interventions on the organization level.
- Languages: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Computing: Excellent skills in leadership and supervision of staff
- Good knowledge of project management.
- Good organizational skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Team, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, and any other engineering software will be preferred.
- Communication skills: negotiating, facilitating, and presenting as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Time management, organization, and work prioritization
- Being analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical
- Decision making
- Project Management
- Remote management
- People management
- Leadership and development
- Work overtime when required.
- Collaborative and cooperative with other related departments e.g., supply chain, finance, HR, MEAL …etc.
- Understanding of project design, project management, and Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- Willingness to travel across Turkey and inside Syria is needed.
- Ability to adapt to different, often stressful circumstances.
- Ability to write clear and well reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development and Quality: 10%
- Ensure incorporation of cross-cutting issues, (including gender & protection mainstreaming).
- Participate in proposal development by providing technical / sector related components.
- Participate in developing proposal log-frame, narrative, and budget.
- Ensure high quality performance targets, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines.
Planning & Implementation: 40%
- Develop detailed work plan, procurement plan, and budget projection for assigned projects.
- Following up on detailed work planning, and monthly updating of workplans for assigned projects.
- Budget forecasting and phasing, knowing amounts available and being accountable for spend out.
- Development of procurement plan
- Ensure program quality standards are understood and maintained by the project team inside Syria.
- Participate in developing a Risk plan.
- Ensure Projects’ quality is based on international standards (Sphere, INEE, CHS, etc.) and match with communities’ expectations Participate in developing detailed work planning, and monthly updating of workplans (for assigned project
Grant management: 10%
- Understanding of basic grant details – donor name, start date, end date, reporting requirements for assigned projects.
- Understanding donor requirements and partner process.
- Donor reporting: write the initial narrative report and / or provide technical component for assigned projects.
Staff management and Capacity Building: 15%
- Participate in staff recruitment when assigned.
- Ensure all staff understand their roles and have the necessary resources to carry it out.
- Set an example of adhering to best practices for staff safety and security and ensure staff do the same.
MEAL Component and coordination: 15%
- Support sector program manager in creating/maintaining sector MEAL binder.
- Participate in developing MEAL tools with technical / sector related component.
- Participate in the quarterly meeting with MEAL team to cross-check data and ensure quality of reporting.
- Responsible on monthly completion of 4Ws and submission to related clusters.
- Receive complaints and closely follow-up with MEAL team on related projects complaints from accountability team to ensure taking required action and closing the loop.
- Representing SYD at external meetings, including working group meetings, and interagency coordination to gaps are appropriately covered without duplication.
- Working on new partners / new opportunities.
- Representing SYD in communication with partners as per the assigned level of communication
"Suriye Yardım Derneği is committed to protecting children and the most vulnerable groups in society (women, older people, disabilities, and others) from any harm or sexual abuse, or exploitation through the commitment of its employees to the organization’s policies (such as the code of conduct, child Safeguarding, prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation PSEA policies), and It is forbidden for Suriye Yardım Derneği employees inflict harm on children or vulnerable groups or carry out acts of harassment or sexual exploitation of children and adults, directly or indirectly, inside or outside the organization, during or after working hours."
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover letter describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided email of the HR department of Suriye Yardım Derneği (HR.Turkey@syriarelief.org.uk) with the job code “SYD-TR-GAZ-050 “in the subject line.
Deadline: November 29th 2023
SYD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
SYD has the right to start the process before the deadline once it finds qualified applicants.
Referans code : SYD-TR-GAZ-050
E-posta : HR.Turkey@syriarelief.org.uk
Please send your application to the email address with reference code.
Source : gelbasla.com