Global Communities is an international non-profit humanitarian organization working to improve the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable populations around the world. From our office in Turkey, Global Communities is providing humanitarian support to vulnerable and conflict-affected households in Syria and seeks an Information Management Officer to support this humanitarian programming. This position reports to the M&E Information Management Coordinator and is responsible for assisting the M&E department in the project activities and developing and maintaining forms and filing systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Information Management Officer is responsible for the following:
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officers in developing systems for screening and selecting beneficiaries, including assisting in the design of relevant tools when necessary.
- Oversee the data collection on the progress of the project’s inputs, outputs, and indicators, and update the databases.
- Oversee systems to maintain beneficiary records for all projects in a functional database system.
- Develop filing software for project documents.
- Support the development process for beneficiary databases.
- Produce SOPs on the use of the database and/or training materials for training relevant staff on the use of the database.
- Ensure accurate and consistent entry of data received from field staff and partner/s into database/s.
- Assist the M&E IM Coordinator in performing data analysis and producing statistical and graphic reports.
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database/s as required, incorporating suggestions and amendments from GC team members, under the M&E IM Coordinator’s guidance
- Maintain and gather project statistics regarding the number and beneficiary profiles, type and quantity of assistance provided, and any other quantitative and qualitative information required by the program.
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates to the M&E IM Coordinator of the Indicator Tracking Table.
- Work with other members of the GC team to design relevant monitoring forms and conduct training for staff on the correct use of such forms.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Training
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, development, software engineering, or other relevant field will be preferred.
- Experience can be substituted for a degree, in the equivalent of 2 years of relevant experience for 1 year of education.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the programming and information management role.
- Minimum 2 years of significant experience analyzing data, service mapping, and producing reports.
- Experience in different types of databases and programming platforms.
- Past work with international NGO programs will be preferred.
- Analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience in the mapping of project activities using online mapping tools such as Google Maps, and ARC GIS.
- Experience in data visualization Software.
- Advanced Excel, Access, MySQL, SQL Server, web content management, GIS application, data visualization tools, and other similar applications.
- Experience in programming languages (HTML, Java, Python, C++) is desirable.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic. Turkish is desirable.
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Integrity, transparency, and strong work ethic.
Global Communities is an equal-opportunity employer. As an international humanitarian organization, we highly respect and value diversity and ensure that all qualified applicants receive consideration solely based on required experience and capabilities regardless of their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religion, disability, or marital status. All Global Communities employees, regardless of their position, are prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination, harassment, exploitation, or abuse (physical, sexual, emotional, or verbal), or in any other way breaching the rights of others to thrive in a safe and supportive environment.
We consider Humanitarian Principles as an integral part of our relief and humanitarian work across the globe and are fully committed to promoting the recognition of human rights, especially the safeguarding of children, women, and adults at risk. We believe we are accountable to those in the communities we serve, and as such, it is our responsibility to ensure that, we as an organization, must not contribute in any way to harming or exposing those communities to further risk. Global Communities applies zero tolerance to any act of exploitation, abuse, harassment, and discrimination in every aspect of its work.
Therefore, as part of our recruitment process, a range of pre-employment checks/screenings will be conducted in conformity with Global Communities’ Safeguarding Policies.
Level of contact with children for this position
- Global Communities does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
Source : gelbasla.com