Glass Lewis is the world’s choice for governance solutions. We enable institutional investors and publicly-listed companies to make sustainable decisions based in research and data. We cover 30,000+ meetings each year, across approximately 100 global markets.
Our customers include the majority of the world’s largest pension plans, mutual funds, and asset managers, collectively managing over $40 trillion in assets. We have teams located across the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific giving us global reach with a local perspective on the important governance issues. Founded in 2003, Glass Lewis is headquartered in San Francisco, California with additional offices in Kansas City, Missouri; London, U.K.; Paris, France; Limerick, Ireland; Karlsruhe, Germany; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Based in Istanbul, KOMBA offers a wide range of high-quality data, research and engagement services in and around corporate governance, executive remuneration and ESG.
As Glass Lewis Europe Limited and KOMBA, we are hiring proxy Research Associates with English, Arabic, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Dutch, Nordic languages working remotely in Türkiye with the option of on-site attendance in KOMBA offices, in Istanbul, on a fixed term contract of approximately four months.
What roles are available?
Contract: Fixed term full time (8-16 weeks)
Start Date: February 2024
Location: Remote (Hybrid arrangement to be discussed)
Who is the ideal candidate?
· A degree in Business, Law, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Language translation or other related field of studies.
· Excellent English reading and writing skills
· Reading competency in at least one of the following languages is an advantage: Arabic, Hebrew, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, and Nordic languages.
· Understanding of economics, financial services, accounting, compliance, corporate law; governance, finance journalism and public policy;
· Strong analytical skills;
· Task and time management skills;
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure whilst paying attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team; personable;
· IT skills; proficiency in MS Office, Excel and online research tools; and
· Experience in qualitative research or corporate governance is considered an advantage.
What Glass Lewis offers
· A comprehensive training program on corporate governance and executive remuneration; including how to analyse data and write analysis on these topics;
· An understanding of Glass Lewis policy and voting guidelines;
· An overview of global governance and ESG market practices;
· A supportive team-oriented work environment;
· A multicultural work environment with 20+ nationalities and languages.
How to apply
Please include the following in your application:
· Your CV
· A cover letter outlining your suitability for this role; and
· Details of your language proficiency in English and other languages within one of these two documents, if available (e.g. language certificate, diploma or evidence of significant experience abroad).Application URL