I. Job purpose:
To lead all I&C maintenance activities in the IGCC Power plant, including preventative, corrective, and Predictive maintenance, scheduled outages, planning for shutdowns, and overhauling work activities; Organizing maintenance, fixing and modification of all I&C machinery in accordance with overall maintenance plans, HSE guidelines and quality standards to ensure plant availability and machinery reliability.II. Main Responsibility/ Accountabilities
- Supervise the activities and work of the team members to ensure that targets and objectives are achieved, and the business plan is delivered in line with the required policies, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Attract and develop key talent while leading team performance.
- Facilitate the development of explicit knowledge for mentoring and talent pipeline future proofing.
- Supervise the I&C preventive, corrective maintenance, and overhauling work activities to ensure safe and efficient application of procedures and implementation of optimal I&C maintenance and availability of I&C Equipment and Control Systems.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in SAP correctly such as the Log, outlining the fault, method of repair and the time, labor and materials used to support timely availability of information.
- Handle the timely response to all emergency breakdowns and provide prompt corrective action to ensure plant availability, thereby minimizing downtime and the possibility of liquidity damage.
- Develop and promote a condition based preventive maintenance culture on day-to-day basis by conducting fixing and root cause analyses, finding solutions to reduce reactive maintenance.
Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Ensure all maintenance work is carried out according to JIGPC safety procedures, ensuring critical metrics are met or exceeded.
- Actively promote and drive safety excellence for contractors and JIGPC staff, through active participation and compliance with JIGP’s safety procedures.
- Enforce to all relevant health, safety, security and environmental procedures, instructions, and controls so that the safety of employees and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Ensure that effective predictive and integrity-based maintenance programs are followed that are consistent with regional programs, reducing unplanned shutdowns and ultimately enhancing overall plant profitability and reliability.
- Make timely and correct decisions based on fact and sound judgement, in order to keep plant downtime to a minimum, in both planned and un-planned situations.
- Chip in the identification and implementation of change initiatives, programs and projects in line with the organization’s standards.
- Review and analyze I&C machinery maintenance data and conduct site engineering studies to figure out feasibility of introducing modifications to increase reliability and efficiency of plant, thereby ensuring continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Lead Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) within technology fields, driving solutions to problems.
Source : www.bayt.com