At Air Products, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 80 years. With approximately 20,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment, and services.
We are looking for a Senior Subcontracts Manager to join our team based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
You’ll be reporting to the MEET Regional Manager of Subcontracts and Procurement. This position requires extensive experience in managing Project contracts and understanding of contract terms, intent and application.
Reporting is a key requirement of the role to ensure accurate forecasting of contract deliverables and be responsible for proactively managing their own workload.
Key tasks and responsibilities – what you’ll be doing
- Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
- Work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial Product Management), supporting the business and functional organization to achieve goals primarily focused on Proposals, Sourcing and Project Contract Execution for Engineering, Construction and EPC Projects in Europe. This includes:
- Proposal and estimating support for Projects including sourcing budget pricing from the market
- Preparing and executing the Projects Subcontracts Strategy identifying the life of project requirements including working with planning and cost/estimating to understand budget allocations against contracts.
- Prepare and execute the sourcing plan identifying and qualifying suppliers including EPC companies, engineering & construction suppliers to meet Air Products requirements and understand safety, commercial, technical and capacity risks
- Drafting and preparation of bidding documents and the Pro-forma Contract including technical scope of work, pricing schedules, QA/QC and HSSE requirements, and contract execution requirements.
- Leading bid packages including issue to the market, clarifications, technical and commercial evaluations, negotiation and placement of contracts.
- Conducting Kick-Off meetings and leading Subcontract and commercial meetings internally and with Suppliers. Leading the Contracts team meetings (in alignment with Procurement) to manage the contract demand planning and escalating any potential or actual problems, delays or commercial impacts which could adversely affect delivery of the contractual programme.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as Letters of Instructions, Contract Change Orders / Modifications, Insurance Documents, Subcontractor Approval packages, Certificate of Final Acceptance (COFA), and other legal or contractual packages as needed
- Leading the preparation of and negotiating cost impacts and schedule changes with Suppliers for contract Change Orders / modifications / claims assessment.
- Performance management of contracts. Manage relationships with suppliers and maintain interface at senior level within their organizations.
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
- Act as an escalation point for contractor interface for project execution issues when relevant
- Effectively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
Source : www.bayt.com