Overview of the role:
The Collections Executive is responsible for strategically managing debt recovery, minimizing financial losses, and improving cash flow while maintaining positive customer relationships. Through effective communication, negotiation, and compliance with regulatory standards, this role aims to achieve collection targets and contribute to the overall financial health of the organization.
What you will do:
• To achieve the monthly cash-collection targets set for your specific section of accounts
• Ensure that appropriate telephone contact is made at the earliest possible stage on overdue debts, in accordance with the Credit Control action plan.
• Answer queries and enquiries from customers within your section of account
• Prepare Summary invoices, support material or similar as per customers’ requests.
• Ensure that payments are correctly allocated, to the appropriate account and against the appropriate invoices
• Check reminder letters for 100% accuracy and appropriateness before sending
• Highlight suspension of credit facilities to management in accordance with Credit Policy
• Be aware of duties performed by other team members to enable adequate cover to be provided at all times of holiday/absence
• Prepare fund flow forecast on weekly/monthly basis
• Prepare SOA (Statement of Accounts) for debtors on monthly basis
• Reconcile advance payment accounts in balance sheet for debtor
• Ensure all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Deal with all escalated customer complaints as per the agreed process. Carry out bi-monthly personal development sessions with each member of staff
• Attend and lead regular operational and team meetings
• Maintain and develop relationship between within the business
• This is a varied and responsible position within the company. You must be flexible in your duties maintaining high level of accuracy at all times.
• All accounting practices are to be carried out as per IFRS/IAS (International Financial Reporting Standard/International Accounting Standards.Application URL