Operations Manager | Retail | Watsons KSA
Overview of the role
The Operations Manager is responsible for the performance and success of the Operations department and delivering business results and KPI’s, controlling expenses and manpower budgets, handling personnel issues, accounting, merchandising, stock level control and loss prevention.
Responsible for developing the commercial short, medium and long term strategies and leading the division by monitoring brands growth (sales, profitability and other) ensuring proper implementation of the strategy, and recommending new tools and means to grow the business while providing the highest level of customer service.
Partners with the leadership team to generate ideas about future retail activities ensuring a cutting-edge customer centric strategy.
What you will do
Description of the Accountability:
- Oversee the sales performance by comparing the actual sales versus the weekly targets, previous years & projections, and take corrective action in coordination with other departments
- Set Sale schedule in coordination with Leadership team and direct the coordination of sales promotion activities and pricing of merchandise.
- Direct the opening of new stores by ensuring the availability of needed resources (staff, merchandise, logistics and other) and manage the closing of existing ones
- Review and monitor stock level reports and coordinate with the concerned division to take appropriate action in a timely manner
- Participate in the development of the seasonal projection report and monitor competitors' new openings and street locations, identify opportunities and inform the Management accordingly
- Audit shops operations and facilities on continuous basis in order to ensure compliance with company standards, policies and procedures in terms of productivity, efficiency, safety, security and other
- Monitor on continuous basis figures related to manpower cost and shop performance, coordinate with the HR to enable operations efficiency at optimum cost
- Handle the manpower planning and staffing of the operations and carry out other functional HR managerial responsibilities such as training, coaching, setting career plans, identifying potential employees and other
- Monitor the scheduling of all types of leaves for managerial and non-managerial staff and approve the leaves of Store Managers.
- Prepare an annual budget and business plan for the stores
- Secure Timely and accurate issuance of yearly financial statements and provide continuous management of the back-office functions including Logistics, Inventory, Store Services, Loss prevention, IT, Administration and Accounting.
- Coordinate retail operational strategies, challenges, and solutions with the operations/commercial team
- Communicate on continuous basis with other departments in order to ensure a smooth strategy execution
- Understanding market and competitor analysis to lead and/or respond to trends and market competition.
- Ensuring that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business.
- Drive a profitable business growth across all brands to meet short and mid-term corporate objectives in line with commitments to foreign suppliers / brands
- SalES Reports
- Through Store visits
- Sell-Through report
- Stock level reports
- Gross Margin
- Action plan set for the stores
- Compliance assurance report and audit reports.
- Review the P&L Manpower cost vs sales.
- Training plan and people development.
- Vacation planner
- Development of the new reports
- Review Business plan
- Consolidation of Results ,P&L.
Source : www.bayt.com