I. POSITION SUMMARY
This is a Contract position, based at the NEOM Green Hydrogen Elements (GHE) Project Site location, working a 8 x 2 weeks’ rotational assignment. The project is being executed by the AIR PRODUCTS NEOM Green Hydrogen Project (NGHP) – Green Hydrogen Elements (GHE) Project execution team and is expected to last approximately 48 months.
The incumbent is responsible for the implementation of project Permit to Work system as defined in the project EH&S plans & procedures. It is AIR PRODUCTS’ objective to achieve highest standards and performance levels during the execution of all project related activities. The permit to work system is a key process of the project EH&S management system and shall ensure that all covered work activities are fully understood, analyzed, and prepared to enable a safe work execution. The incumbent will manage a team of EH&S Permit to Work Coordinators and reports to the Senior EH&S Manager.
The incumbent is expected to have detailed knowledge of EH&S requirements and best practices related to construction and pre-commissioning safety and extensive work experience in this area.
III, NATURE AND SCOPE
- Description: Green Hydrogen Element of NEOM Green Hydrogen Project is a processing facility that will extract hydrogen from water with the use of wind and solar energy and ultimately produce green ammonia.
- Project Location: NEOM Green Hydrogen, Northwest of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, near Duba town.
V. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Lead the team of PTW coordinators
- Support the full implementation of the project EH&S Plan
- Ensure the proper implementation of the permit to work procedure covering the defined hazardous work activities
- Update the permit to work procedure in due time before start of pre-commissioning to ensure its fit to changes in organization, risk and hazards
- Organize and facilitate trainings of permit receivers, issuers and coordinators on the permit to work process, incl. permit workflows and individual roles and responsibilities
- Maintain the approved Permit Receiver and Permit Issuer log
- Ensure that the permit process is used as a communication platform about planned activities, hazards and risk involved and necessary safety controls rather than just as an administrative process
- Inform Area Authority and Issuing Authority of any conflict between permits/planned activities
- Manage the permit office and organize permit coordination meetings with Permit Receivers and issuing authorities
- Actively promote the development of a ‘Total Safety Culture’ and provide support during the implementation of all related (leadership) activities
- Demonstrate strong leadership at all times throughout the project phases
- Act as a coach, both for the assigned permit coordination team and for Contractors
- Support the implementation of the Contractors Approval to Mobilize and HAZID processes
- Review and comment on Risk Assessments, Job Safety Analysis and Method Statements for work activities to be permitted to ensure accuracy and validity of the same.
- Ensure all hazardous work permits are adequately completed, controlled, registered and closed
- Establish a program of inspections and audits of the permit to work process
- Ensure EH&S information/expertise is provided to the site team when solicited to ensure compliance to AIR PRODUCTS standards and local laws
- Actively participate in and lead safety promotion events, campaigns, competitions, established programs
- Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritization and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site, escalating to the AIR PRODUCTS EH&S Manager / Site Construction Manager as required
- Give input to ensure the accurate completion of all EH&S reports
- Support the implementation of the Project Emergency Response Plan and review Rescue Plans within accountable area
- Support incident investigations
- Cooperate closely with site and area construction management, (pre-)commissioning management, project EH&S manager, project security manager, medical team and contractor organizations
Source : www.bayt.com