Job Description and Qualifications
The Instrumentation and Control (I&C) Supervisor will be responsible for all day-to-day all Instruments and Control System construction activities in his working area from planning till the completion of the job.
The I&C Supervisor will work with the subcontractors and AP team to finish the job Safely, on Budget and with the required Quality.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily and weekly progress reports
- The instruments and control installation and final precomm
- Provide the technical and supervisory support, guidance, mentoring and managing the Sub-Contractor construction team
- Determine manpower, tools, equipment and material requirements for the craft
- Evaluate and collaborate with other groups for I&C installation, Electrical and instruments to complete the Equipments installation
- Develop daily craft assignments to be performed and review work accomplished
- Develop I&C craft loading and manpower forecasts
- Support, promote and champion positive safety culture and ensure all parties are reminded of expectations with regards to safety being number one priority.
- Carry out weekly EHS inspection audits.
- Monitor permit and safe plan of action compliance.
- Continuously observe and monitor the interface of all construction activities for all disciplines, assist managing contractor in resolving any interface coordination issues
- Ensure safety requirements of the project are being met by all parties by supporting and encouraging safe work practices.
- Encourage and promote communication and teamwork
- Monitor the daily working plan and review the work accomplished by each craft.
- Review of Method Statements, drawings, schedules and other job safety documents.
- Monitors manpower, tools and equipments usage on the site
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas
- Assist in review and appraisal of method statements and risk assessments for technical content and safety considerations.
- Assist managing contractor with monitoring of the execution of the works, to ensure project quality requirements and standards are met including monitoring of contractor Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s)
- Input into coordination of interface between Vendor Representatives and Contractor
- Be prepared to work shift patterns (day or night)
- Assist in system walkdowns with contractor and client
- Attend daily and weekly coordination meetings
- Assist managing contractor to monitor progress & productivity being reported by contractors
- Assist AP Construction Manager in developing detailed reporting of assessment of works and contractor performance.
Source : www.bayt.com