Job Description and Qualifications
This position is responsible for performing the Site Material Coordinating activities on Jazan projects and will report to the Site Materials Control & System Lead. The Site Material Controller/Planner is the point of contact for the contractor for all material related requirements. They will have the authority to release any materials within that specific scope provided they have received prior approval from Construction.
The incumbent provides the Contractor all information and reports required by the Contractor to maintain a full and complete understanding of the status of all materials to be issued by the project.
The Site Material supports Field Engineering, Construction and Material Reporting. This includes Receiving and Issuing materials in , identifying and requisitioning material shorts, coordination with purchasing and the warehouse, utilizing the forecasting module in to monitor installation sequences, ROS dates and on-hand quantities to ensure that the right material is being utilized in the right place. Developing Construction Work Packages within SMat® for material issuing and confirming that the right amount of material is available to support Construction priorities.
The Site Material Coordinator s expected to:
- Create work package and Run Forecast & Reservation in and present result to construction based on the current priority.
- Plans and executes the material management of bulk and engineered equipment, systems, and construction materials in support of project operations within established material management plans, policies, and procedures.
- Review’s material status reports to provide material delivery updates to Construction Management.
- Day to day management and tracking of pick tickets and ensuring that they are completed in timely manner.
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement.
Understand and manage risks with respect to supply of equipment and materials to the job site and minimise impact on construction schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect construction activities.
- Utilise SMat® to ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required.
- Supports and collaborates with Construction Management and other team members on site materials management issues.
- Makes recommendations to improve, raise awareness, be knowledgeable of, and understand the current schedule on all equipment and materials; address any problems/concerns.
- Analyse material allocation forecasts, and provide recommendations to the project for necessary corrective action (e.g., early identification of potential surplus, optimal expediting, identify impacts of delays in material delivery and provide construction alternatives, etc.)
- Co-Ordinates & expedites material deliveries from both the Expediting & Logistics functions to ensure no hold ups in material deliveries.
- Receives material deliveries on-site, opens and checks material upon arrival for compliance to Purchase Order requirements in terms of Qty, Quality, Damage, Short receipt, storage & subsequent issue to Site Contractors
- Records all Material deliveries via MRR into Smart Materials & issues OS&D for any discrepancies for resolution by Home Office.
- Be a “Hands on” Material Controller/Planner with a can-do attitude to understand where all materials are located on Site & ensure Smart Materials reflects true & accurate information with regards to Materials.
- Issue weekly/monthly reports of site material management activities for the project showing overall status and identifying significant delivery slippages against the construction schedule.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Maintains Materials Location Logs and Inventory Lists for ready access to equipment and materials that are on site.
- Reviews receiving and shipping notices, yard layouts and reports schedule inadequacies.
- Ensures materials management personnel meet with discipline construction supervisors to coordinate flow of materials to the work fronts.
Source : www.bayt.com